Chapter 9: It's A Trap

The sun had risen, and Y/N, Wendy, Michael, John, and all the Lost Boys were tied to the mast of Hook's ship

The sun had risen, and Y/N, Wendy, Michael, John, and all the Lost Boys were tied to the mast of Hook's ship. The pirate crew danced around the captured children.

"Yo Ho, Yo Ho, Yo Ho, Yo Ho, Yo Ho."

"So, try the life of a thief."

"Just sample the life of a crook."

"There isn't a boy."

"Who won't enjoy."

"A-workin' for Captain Hook.

"The World's Most Famous Crook."

"Crook, crook, crickety-crockety. Crickety-crook" Smee danced along, "The Croc is after Captain..."

He was silenced by Hook hitting him over the head with his hook. The, Hook began to sing.

"A special offer for today."

"I'll tell you what I'll do."

"All those who sign without delay."

"Will get a free tattoo."

Hook gestured to a man with many tattoos, one being a Jolly Rodger flag on his bicep. He moved his muscles in such a way that it looked like the flag was waving in the wind, making the boys laugh.

"Why, it's like money in the bank."

"C'mon, join up, and I'll be frank:"

"Unless you do, you'll walk the plank."

"The choice is up to you!"

Hook and his crew all pointed to the plank, the crew echoing their captain's words.

"Yo Ho, Yo Ho, Yo Ho, Yo Ho, Yo Ho."

"You'll love the life of a thief."

"You'll relish the life of a crook."

"There's barrels of fun enough for everyone."

"And you'll get treasures by the ton."

"So come and sign the book."

"Join up with Captain Hook!"

The pirates all formed a pathway to the captain, who was sitting on a chair with a book and quill in front of him.

One of the pirates cut the rope holding the children to the mast, and all the boys rushed to sign the book and join Hook's crew.

Y/N turned to her sister, hoping she would stop them, but Wendy simply looked to the ground.

Frustrated, Y/N shouted, "Boys!"

All the boys stopped at once, ending up in a pile on the deck as Y/N continued, "Aren't you ashamed of yourselves?"

"But Captain Hook is most insistent, Y/N," John said, fixing his glasses before Cubby popped out from underneath him.

"Yeah! He says we'll walk the plank if we don't," Cubby justified.

"Oh, no, we won't," Y/N said, waving her finger at the boys, "Peter Pan will save us."

"Peter Pan will save them, Smee," Captain Hook mocked making both pirates burst out laughing.

Y/N stuck her chin in the air as they continued to laugh.

"But a thousand pardons, my dear," Hook bowed to her, making Y/N look at him in confusion, "I don't believe you are in on our little joke."

Hook wiped his face with a handkerchief and stuffed it in his sleeve before continuing, "You see, we left a present for Peter."

Smee chuckled, "Sort of a surprise package, you might say."

"Why, I can see our little friend at this very moment, reading the tender inscription," Hook said dramatically.

Back in the hideout, Peter read the card attached to the present box, ""To Peter, with love from Wendy. Do not open till 6:00.""

He looked to the clock on the wall, before tilting the box around to look at it, "Huh, I wonder what's in it."

Back at the ship, Hook continued to explain the situation, "Could he but see within the package, he would find an ingenious little device."

Smee then continued, moving his arms like the hands of a clock, "Set, so that when the clock is like this.." he had his arms at the position for 6:00.

"Peter Pan will be blasted out of Neverland...forever," Hook finished.

"No!" Y/N exclaimed, not hearing Tinkerbell angrily jumping around in a lantern, pushing it until it broke, and flying out of a window to warn Peter.

Hook held up a pocket-watch with his hook, "But time grows short. We have but 18 seconds... Fifteen seconds...Thirteen seconds."

Peter, back at the hideout watched the clock tick, "Twelve seconds."

"Well, I guess I can open it now," Peter said, and began to untie the ribbon on the packet.

Just before he could finish opening it, Tinkerbell flew into the hideout.

Peter turned to the pixie, showing her the giftbox, "Hey, Tink. Look what Wendy left."

Tinkerbell started pulling on the ribbon, trying to get the package away from Peter, "Hey, stop that! Stop it! What's the matter with you?"

Tinkerbell tried to explain that the box was a trap, "Hook? A bomb? Don't be ridiculous.

Just then, the timer in the box went off, and it started smoking. Tinkerbell pushed the box out of Peter's hands right before it went off, destroying the hideout.

Wendy, Y/N, John, Michael, and the Lost Boys watched the smoke soaring into the air.

"And so passeth a worthy opponent," Hook lamented, placing his hat over his heart and bowing his head.

Smee did the same, "Amen."

A/N: Another short chapter, but the next one will probably be a longer one.