Chapter 24

5 YEARS LATER

Bucky opens his eyes and squints from the one slim ray of light hitting his eyes. He groans and rolls over and feels the bed is empty. He looks at the clock and sees it's just after seven in the morning. He lazily gets out of bed and does his morning routine. He gets dressed and then hears his precious whining. "Okay, okay baby. I'm coming." He makes his way downstairs and heads to the kitchen. A snow white cat makes her way up onto the counter and purrs into his metal hand. "Alpine my sweet, you hungry?" He feeds her and starts making his breakfast. Today is going to be a busy day. As he finishes making eggs and toast, he can't help but admire his home. He loves this house. They bought the house in the heart of Brooklyn just after they got married. Alpine followed soon after. He hears the door open and slam shut. "Steve?" "Yea babe." He comes in all sweaty and Bucky feels his dick twitch a bit at his husband. "Breakfast?" "Yep. Scrambled with cheese and toast." "Awesome. I'll eat then shower. Sam called and wanted to go over some last minute wedding details." "Ugg, do you really have to?" "I am the best man." "Whatever, I have to get to the bar anyway and prep it for tonight." "So she really wanted it at the Brooklyn Bar?" "That's what Sam said. Apparently she liked the atmosphere and she wanted a place she could shut down." Steve gave a sorry face. "Well, I did say to be careful offering the bar." "Steve, I offered for the bachelor party, not the bachelorette!" Bucky grins and lightly punches Steve. "Well, breakfast was amazing as always. I need to shower. What to help?" "Always." Bucky and Steve make love in the shower and after Steve leaves, Bucky heads to the bar. 

"Lois, how many flutes do we have?" "Uhh, looks like 45 or so." "I think that will be ok. We will just need Harris to be the bar back tonight." Bucky hustles all afternoon to get his bar in shape. He renamed the bar The Brooklyn Spot a couple a years ago. He redecorated a little bit but it's basically the same as when he got it from Kelsey almost six years ago. "Boss, Mary's on the phone for you." "Okay." he heads to the office and answers the phone. "Mary, what's up?" "Hey James, I can't make it tonight. Larry got sick and now I have no one to watch little Gina." he pinches his nose in frustration. "That's ok Mary. You take care of the little one. Tell Larry I hope he feels better." "Thank you so much James! I owe ya." "Don't worry about it. I'll call you later tomorrow to check in." "Sounds good. Thanks!" He hangs up the phone. "Lois?!" "Yea boss?" "Mary isn't coming in tonight. Is there any way any of the others could come in?" "Let me make a few calls." "Thanks."  Several hours later, Lois was able to get a few of her bartender friends from other bars to help cover the event. "Ok everybody, just some quick things to go over. This is a bachelorette party for the woman marrying Captain America, so expect some drama to occur. The bar bill is open till $3000. After that, it is up to the person to pay. We will use one register to monitor the tab and once it hits that magic number, no more. I don't care who they say they know, because I know them all so.." This gets a few laughs from the staff. "Also, if you need any help, please let me or Lois know." "All right, lets get this over with." 

Several hours and $2500 later, the party is in full swing. He was expecting about thirty or so people but about fifty showed up. Thankfully, he has an amazing staff that don't need babysitting. As he was cleaning up the bar, he spots a familiar red head cross his peripheral vision. He goes around the bar and follows her as she floats around the outskirts of the groups. He observes her leaning against the wall near the break room, nursing a beer. "Nat?" She almost spits her beer out at the voice that called out her name. "Barnes?!" He smiles wide and goes to hug her tight. "Oh my god! Barnes!? What are you doing here?" "This is my bar." Nat registers what that also means. "The bar Kels gave you?" "Yea. You wanna go somewhere more quiet?" "God yes!" He leads her to his office and shuts the door. The sound drops significantly. She sits in the chair, while he opens his mini fridge and pulls out a beer. "So, Nat, how have you been?" "Good. Really good. How about you?" "Good. Damn, how long has it been, like four years?" "Almost five actually." "Jesus, that long?" "Yep." She sees the wedding ring on his finger. "I see you're married now, Steve I assume?"  Looks at his wedding band and blushes a little. "Yea, about eighteen months now." "He sees she also has an engagement and wedding band. "I see you got hitched too." She flashes her rings. "Yep. Four and half years baby." "Holy shit! Seriously? Is that why you left?" "That was part of it." "Well he is a very luck guy." Nat giggles and sips her beer. "Yes, SHE is." "Oh, sorry I just assumed.. " "It's fine. It was worth it to see your face." He chuckles at this. "So, how do you Naomi?" "I don't. Yelena dragged me here. She's friends with the witch." Bucky can't help the snort laugh that escapes his mouth. "What about you Barnes?" "Steve is Sam's best man. I offered to host the bachelor party but got roped into this one." "Well I need to get going. Gotta get home to the wifey." "Can we meet up sometime? I would really like to catch up. I've missed you." She smiles and gives him her card. "I would like that." He reads it: Romanoff Investigations LLC. "You're a P.I.?" "Yep. I work with Yelena. Text me and we'll get together." "Ok, I will." She gives him one last big hug and leaves the bar.

Pulling up to her building, she pays the cabbie and Mr. Shultz, the doorman, greets her warmly. "Mrs. Romanoff, hope you had a pleasant evening." "I did. Thank you." She opens her door and immediately takes off her shoes. "Babe? You home?" She walks around, taking off her jewelry and placing them on her boudoir. She checks the bedroom and she's not there. "Babe?" Nat sees her purse on the couch then goes to her office and that's where she finds her. Nat can't help but fall more in love with this woman. She finds her passed out on her desk, folders all around her head. She walks around her and starts to kiss up her neck. "Kelsey, sweetie, I'm home." Kelsey stirs awake and moans as Nat nips her earlobe. "Hmm, hey baby. You're home early. How was the party?" Nat makes her way down her neck. "It sucked for most of the night. But it did get better at the end." "Oh yea? How?" "I came home and found my sexy wife passed out on her desk. Then I bent her over it and fucked her brains out on it." Kelsey feels heat pool at her core. "Oh really?" Nat pulls her up as Kelsey gathers the folders do they don't get damaged. "Tash..." "Oh no baby. It's Mommy now." 

A/N: Yes we have time jumped! The events leading up to this will be revealed as the story progresses. Also we are at 4k reads! Amazing! Thank you!