Chapter 9: Book

A/N: Hello, it's been a while and I'm sorry since I've been busy lately but here's a new chapter!

Also, I should probably inform all of you but the chapter titles are pretty much random, so yeah.

Anyways, enjoy reading!

Warning: Errors ahead.

***

CHAPTER 9: BOOK

I held my breath, taking in the info before me.

I looked at the picture and the book, again and again. Both looked exactly the same!

'Wait, maybe I'm just panicking. Maybe, it's just a coincidence. After all, this book is quite popular.' I thought slowly sighing in relief. I closed my eyes.

I grabbed the picture again, 'But if it's not a coincidence, then there's gotta be something that connects the two.' I looked at the picture closely once again and studied it.

In the picture, the book was on the table, front faced up, slanted, and opened. Blood could be seen slightly spluttered on it. So slight one would have to look for it for quite some time.

I saw a blood splatter, small, but located below to the left of an unknown page. Unkown, since I couldn't see it clearly.

I gulped, and placed the picture down, grabbing the book once again. Kiorin knew that if ever, the splatter is there. Then it just gives more questions for Kiorin.

Since I didn't know the exact pages, I began scanning it again, eyeing the bottom where the pages could be seen.

157, 159, 161, 163.... And so on but there was no blood splatter.

171, 173, 175- wait! I flipped back to page 173. There. Small, yet red,

Was indeed a blood splatter.

This book. Was and Is indeed the book present on the crime scene that night of the murder.

'I'm gonna have to look more into this.' I thought to myself and with that, I stood up, placed the pictures back in my bag, and carried the book.

I was about to walk out when suddenly I stopped and eyed the librarian, an old lady, sitting quietly behind the library counter, her hair in a bun and seeming like she was busy reading a book. I gave the book aside glance, before finally deciding. 'Asking, won't hurt would it?' he thought as he held the sling of his bag tightly and walked to the library counter.

Noticing the standing Kiorin, the old lady lookup, a wrinkled face greeted Kiorin. "What is it dear?" the woman asked.

I walked toward the woman, "Uhm hello, I would like to ask a question about this book." I said as I raised the book up and showed her the book.

She smiled, and gestured her hand towards me, I handed her the book and she went to type something on her typewriter. She turned the book and frowned, "Hm, why is there no Crethymon Library Logo?" she asked.

I gulped, "Oh, that's because it's not a library book." Great, now she's gonna frown and make me leave.

But surprisingly, she didn't and just smiled. "Well that's fine, surely the Library has some info about this book. After all, from how it is, it looks like it's quite popular and might be quite needed."

With that, she began typing some words.

At first, she paused raising an eyebrow, then typed again on her keyboard. 

After a few seconds, her face showed a look of confusion as she stared at the computer and back at the book several times.

"Oh dear," I hear her mutter.