"I'm so sorry. This is all because of me.." She feel so guilty. His efforts has went down in waste.

"But I succeed in making the poison! All we need to do now is to produce the antidote! You trust me isn't you?" His silence killed her. She feel weird that he hadn't even turn to look at her.

"You are still mad?" Xu Ling Ai grab his sleeve and pull it a bit.

"You have no idea how mad I am right now. You had the nerves to instruct Gu Mama to hide it from me! Have you ever thought about me?!" Li Zhao finally turn around with bloodshot red eyes. His voice was totally booming.

Instead of feeling scared, Xu Ling Ai gasps when she witness the bare face which he always cover using his scary masks. Before this, seeing it in their private room feels normal.

However, watching his bare face in broad daylight in public feel very sentimental. She knew how much courage he took to do it.

"Y-you take it off?" A tear unknowingly fell off from her eyes. She is proud of him but she also knew that it is partly because of her. It fed her some guiltness. She could see the worries from his eyes.

"Are you alright?" Xu Ling Ai whispered cupping his face. She wanted to make sure he is sure of his decision.

"I should be the one who asked you that." Li Zhao wipe her tears gently. He knew she feel guilty. But he did it also for himself. He had accepted himself.

"You look more handsome this way." Xu Ling Ai laugh trying to cheer him up.

Li Zhao glare at her and said, "Don't do that again."

"Do what?" She innocently asked.

"Putting yourself in danger. You could have just tell them about my secret. Because I don't care about it as long as you're safe." He seriously said.

"You know me right? I will save myself no matter what happen. And I will also keep your secret until I cure you. And I don't want you to fight with anyone for my sake." She smile encouraging him. Xu Ling Ai is somehow afraid that if one day comes a day where she left, Li Zhao will be left alone.

"Will you really be okay without your masks? I don't want you to do this only for me." She stare directly into his eyes.

"Emotion. The thing I have never felt until you came. At first, I thought I might do this for you but I did this also for myself. I finally had the courage to face myself." They smile at each other walking out the palace walking hand by hand.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Xu Ling Ai couldn't stop asking that.

"Yes as long as you are by my side." He casually replied.

She laugh at his respond. He really had change. He becomes someone who is rather playful. And she loves to see that he no longer keep it to himself.

"What do we do next? The people would be greatly shock by the time they saw you."

"Let them be. Also I think you promise me to reward me." Li Zhao seriously look at her.

"When did I promise you? But since you had done a lot of things for me, then I will reward you. Tell me what you want!" Xu Ling Ai curiously look up at his tall form.

"Anything?" He asked making sure she is sure of her decision. She hummed in response.

"But don't asked for a very expensive things, I don't have that much money!" She added before she he could state his wish.

Li Zhao chuckled before leaning down. His face lean closer to her face. She gulped in nervousness.

"A kiss a day. Then this lord will be very satisfied." He state it sensually. Xu Ling Ai panick and stumbled on her feet.

"In the broad daylight! Since when did you become shameless about this kind of things?" She scold him.

"It's not like we haven't kissed before." Li Zhao pretend to sulked.

Xu Ling Ai sigh at his childishness. She cupped his face and brought his face a bit down. She quickly land a peck on his lips.

"Done! Satisfy?"

"That's a peck, not a kiss. This lord will kindly let you pass today, but not the day after this. I will need a proper kiss. You might as well prepare yourself for a long and hot one." Li Zhao smile at her red face.

Xu Ling Ai slapped his back as he keep laughing at her reaction. They spend the day laughing to divert their attention from the people's opinions.

P.S.
I will try to slowly update this story to end it properly. I am so sorry for the pending.

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R