Chapter 24

On the opposite of Empress Yi's palace position, Li Zhao look at Xu Ling Ai unmoving. He just got back from the meeting with ministers and the emperor.

When he first saw her, Li Zhao wanted to approach her but when he realised she is smiling looking at something she is holding. He halted his purpose. In one look, he could tell it was an invaluable gift.

Her coming out from the Empress Yi's palace would be the last thing he wanted to see and know. Her smiling after meeting Empress Yi was something he would never want to acknowledge.

The warm feelings that she bring in his heart before instantly replaced by hatred. His eyes turn even more colder than before. He was right about her being the Empress's people.

Before she could see him, Li Zhao leave the palace heading somewhere else. He don't want her to know he saw her. He will keep an eye on her.

"I won the fight!" Xu Ling Ai muttered.

Walking out of the Empress's palace, she let out a relief breath. She couldn't believe she walk out of the empress territory alive.

Grabbing something from her long sleeves, she smirk at the expensive hair pin. It was fortunate that the empress did not ask for it back. Or else it would be such a waste.

"Dad you will never believe that I quarrel with a freaking Empress. That too a witch empress." Xu Ling Ai eyes welled up with a glint of tears.

It would be a straight away lie if she said she did not miss her dad. He is the first person she could ever think of when she was in the verge of dying.

Xu Ling Ai brought her head up to stop the tears from coming out while fanning herself. Done doing that, she head to get out of the palace.

"Oh life goes on." She sigh looking at the sky blueish sky which look so bright.

Xu Ling Ai look down kicking the small rocks on the ground. She even humming some songs to celebrate her winning. Unexpectedly, she bumped her head into a wall. To be exact someone's hard chest.

"Ouch! I'm s... sorry." She quickly apologise at the person she bumped. But she froze when she look up. It's him again.

"Are we going to bumped into each other everytime we met?" Li Zhi Ming bend a bit and look at Xu Ling Ai's forehead to see if there is any bruise.

'What a perfect picture.. If he really is Xiao Zhan then it would be cool. But he is not.' She had completely accept the fact that Li Zhi Ming is not Xiao Zhan. They only had the same face.

"Ahem ahem." A throat-clear sound made her take a step back.

"Why are you always look at me like that?" Li Zhi Ming's question left her dumbfounded.

"That's because your highness look like someone I know." Xu Ling Ai said with a small smile.

"Really? Do we really look the same?" Li Zhi Ming curiously asked.

"Yes. The different is your highness hair is long and my friend's hair is short." Xu Ling Ai explain earnestly.

'I really called Xiao Zhan as my friend. Sorry to my fellow xfx (Xiao Fei Xia)!' Xu Ling Ai mentally begging for forgiveness.

"This lord was sure that it is not possible to have a short hair in this country. Anyway who is your friend that.."

"Anyway, what are you doing here Your Highness?"

"It should be me who ask you. Because here is where I lived." Li Zhi Ming chuckle at her. She loves to avoid him asking her questions.

"The empress called me. Right now I'm on my way to go back to the manor." Li Zhi Ming nodded but he suddenly invited her to his place.

"Do you have a moment?" Li Zhi Ming nervously asked while scratching his back.

"Yes. Why?" Xu Ling Ai was not in hurry since she got nothing to do.

"I want to show you something."

"Is it a surprise?"

"Not really but you will see it yourself." Li Zhi Ming suddenly drag Xu Ling Ai's sleeve. He knew it was very improper for him to do that to his sister in law. But his instinct did it on its own.

While walking to Li Zhi Ming's place, Xu Ling Ai had the chance to look around the palace. It was a very huge scale. What we saw on television is minor.

'What if Li Zhao is here too? Will I bump into him?'

"Brother where are you going?" Li Zhi Ming's remark surprised Xu Ling Ai. She thought it was Li Zhao. She literally look at the other presence with hope.

When she saw the man, her expectations drop that it visible too much. The man she will never wanted to have connections with.

"This lord should be asking you. Where are you taking her?" Li Jun Yi were surprised to see the lady beside Li Zhi Ming.

Li Jun Yi look at Li Zhi Ming who held Xu Ling Ai with suspicious expression. Noticing this, Li Zhi Ming let go of Xu Ling Ai's sleeves like he had been burn.

"We have some business to do." Li Zhi Ming shortly respond. This is the first time Li Jun Yi wanting to know about his activities.

"Xu Ling Ai won't you greet me?" The silence Xu Ling Ai greet him insincerely.

"Your Highness. We will take our leave first, you can go on your way with ease." Finish saying it, Xu Ling Ai and Li Zhi Ming left Li Jun Yi alone.

P.S.
Li Zhao misunderstood her.

Very tired these days. Stay healthy everyone!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R