Chapter 15

"If this lord hasn't arrived, then my Princess Consort will stay outside is it?" Li Zhao question while his back facing them. They are already in the Xu Manor's hall.

While the Xu family kneeling on the ground. Minister Xu rushed home when he heard that Li Zhao is at the manor. He don't want to face his wrath.

"Your Highness we wouldn't dare." Minister Xu bow trying to ask for forgiveness.

"But your daughter dare to do it." Li Zhao was indicating that Xu Li Mei insulted Xu Ling Ai.

"Your Highness it was my fault for not teaching my daughter better. Please pardon them. They are just a youngster who love to tease." Minister Xu again back up Xu Li Mei.

'Tease? Teasing my ass!' Xu Ling Ai stand there couldn't resist rolling her eyes.

"Forgive me your highness. I was just playing with my sister." Xu Li Mei said with a very regret voice.

"Play? Know your place. She is not your friend. She is Han's Princess Consort." Li Zhao's cold and flat tone even bring up some fear in Xu Ling Ai not only Xu family.

'Why did he suddenly act like we're a real couple?' Xu Ling Ai couldn't help but feel thankful because he made out the chance for her to get inside the manor.

"Your Highness please give me some face and forgive us." Minister Xu pleading for some mercy while Second Madam cursing Xu Ling Ai from the inside.

But Li Zhao stay silent which means he wouldn't accept it. Minister Xu clenched his fists. He has no other way left but to apologise at his own daughter.

"Princess Consort. Please forgive Xu family. Our life depends on you." Minister Xu then bow to Xu Ling Ai's direction.

Xu Ling Ai stood there dumbfounded. Is she supposed to forgive them or the other way?

'Which one will Li Zhao choose if it was him?' She thought.

"Father. Don't be too serious. Ling Ai come home to pick my mother's things that she left." Xu Ling Ai finally decided to bring up her real motive in front of Li Zhao so Xu family couldn't refuse.

"Ling Ai would hold no grudge against Second Sister if you let me. His Highness also will forgot this matter." Li Zhao could detect the bitterness in Xu Ling Ai's voice. She was holding herself back not to fight her sister back.

"Of course. Of course you can take anything!" Minister Xu respond in delight.

As long as Li Zhao is willing to forgive Xu Manor, Minister Xu is willing to do anything. As a minister, he is aware that Li Zhao hold a strong position in the royal family.

Xu Manor

"Your Highness eat first." Minister Xu said not picking up his chopsticks. All of them wait for Li Zhao to pick his food first.

However, Xu Ling Ai look at Li Zhao who made no move. She started to pick a pastry and put on his small plate. Xu Ling Ai knew he was very uncomfortable.

"Eat." She whispered at him again. Xu Ling Ai then picked several kind of cakes for herself. She will always be defeated in front of food.

While the others eyeing Xu Ling Ai behaviour. Once they saw Li Zhao take a bite, they began to eat. They ate in silence.

"Your Highness, this old woman have bought some rare tea leaves. Would you like to try?" Second Madam said while being humble.

Once again, Li Zhao just sat in silence. Ignoring everyone. He kept his eyes either on his plate or the big eater Xu Ling Ai. She was literally devour everything.

"Sure. His Highness would like to try right?" Xu Ling Ai nudge Li Zhao.

"Li Mei. Poured some tea for His Highness." Second Madam said with a hint.

Xu Li Mei walk to pick the teapot. It was sizzling hot. She smirked walking towards Xu Ling Ai's side. Holding it unstable due to the hotness.

Xu Li Mei intentionally drop the teapot and it fell. It was supposed to fell on Xu Ling Ai but Li Zhao were quick witted that his hand moves faster to slap away the jug and the tea poured over his hand.

"Your Highness!" They are too shocked including Xu Li Mei. It didn't go the way she planned.

"How dare you!" Xu Ling Ai turned at Xu Li Mei and yell at her.

"Kneel outside until His Highness forgive you!" Xu Ling Ai sternly said. She feel so guilty as it was supposed to fall on her not him.

"What! Who.." Xu Li Mei argue but Minister Xu dragged her with a sign of to shut up.

"Li Mei kneel outside." Minister Xu defeatedly said. He couldn't believe his daughter do thing very rashly. Xu Li Mei protest but eventually get out.

"Your Highness let's treat your wound." Xu Ling Ai hurriedly pull Li Zhao to follow her. She led him to the room she lived in before.

"Did you realise that everytime you're with me, you always gets harm? You know that Xu Li Mei is targeting me right? Why did you interrupted?" She blow the wound while putting some aloe vera cream that she made on her own when she was in the forest.

'Why is he so quiet today? Is it because he is still mad that I called him jerk? But did he even understand?'

Wrapping his hand with a white cloth and it's done. She put his hand back on his lap.

"Anyway thank you for helping me today. I owe you again." Xu Ling Ai getting up while uttering it.

"You're my consort." Li Zhao opened his golden mouth. He detest it when she always thanked him for being responsible towards her who is his consort.

"Sure I am.." She don't know how to respond but of course relief that he actually acknowledged her as his consort.

"Let's go home. I will packed up my mother's things and we can go back." Xu Ling Ai calling his manor as her home gave his ear a pleasant sound. He has never considered his manor as his house. It was just a place for him to sleep.

P.S.
Have you watch Legend of Yunxi? I love it so much that I've watch it a couple of times.

This scene credited to that drama!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R