Katherine

Chapter 12

Liz was called away because Carol was freaking out and demanded Liz be there for the investigation, but all she could think about was Caroline. Tori had gone to the bathroom to wash her face. It was a feeble attempt to distract herself. She was feeling sick and weak. She had hoped that if she could see Caroline, she could help heal her, but she couldn't. The doctor had taken her sister for surgery because of the internal injuries she had sustained in the accident.

Bonnie was sitting next to Matt "What happened?" Bonnie asked Matt worriedly

"We were driving and Tyler heard this noise and he got..." Matt said, as his voice began to crack, he was holding back tears. He felt guilty if only he had made the paramedics check on Caroline first, maybe she would not be in such a bad state, he thought.

"A noise?" Bonnie asked, shocked and confused, Tori heard the same thing, but Bonnie thought it could have been something to do with being a Swan witch, so why did the device affect Tyler.

"He got this migraine or something and he lost control of the car and...I thought that Caroline was fine and then...and then she wasn't so..." Matt said as tears began to fall.

Tori stared at the mirror, she was exhausted with the day, she couldn't save Anna and now she couldn't save Caroline, her sister. She felt useless. Tori turned on the tap to wash her face when she realised she had something she could channel. Maybe if she astro-projected herself to see Caroline she could try and help heal Care even if she was not able to completely heal her maybe just enough to get her out of danger. Tori didn't care if she put herself in danger as long as Caroline was going to be okay.

Tori turned on all the taps in the bathroom and began chanting.

Damon rushed to the hospital to check on Tori when he had received a message from Liz telling him about Caroline. He rushed to meet Liz "Liz, I came as soon as I got the message. Is she okay?" Damon asked, he was worried about Caroline because he knew that if something were to happen to her Tori would never recover from it. He saw how Anna's death effected her and he could not imagine what would happen if Caroline died.

"She's in surgery, it's...they're doing everything they can. I need your help Damon." Liz told Damon

"Sure, anything Liz," Damon said, he owed Lix a great deal because she had looked after his daughter and cared for her when he couldn't. She had even saved Tori's life and for that Damon was eternally grateful.

"Mayor Lockwood is dead. They thought he was a vampire. They put him in the basement," Liz informed Damon

"Mayor Lockwood was a vampire?" Damon asked gasping to show he was shocked. He knew that Richard was in the basement but he was not a vampire that was for sure.

"No, no. A mistake was made, they said he dropped like the others when John's device went off but he...he couldn't have been a vampire, I've known the man my whole life and now Carol Lockwood is freaking out and wants answers and all I can think of right now is Caroline.... And Tori is a mess even if she is trying to stay strong... I don't know what to do...." Liz said as she began to cry. Damon hugged the woman to soothe and comfort her "It's okay. It's okay," Damon said as her rubbed her back.

"Where is Tori?" Damon asked Liz as he looked around. "Uh..she is in the bathroom I think," Liz said as she got out of the embrace. Damon nodded his head "I'll go check on her and deal with Carol," Damon told Liz who nodded. She went to the reception to fill the paperwork for Caroline.

Bonnie leaned her head against the wall when suddenly she felt magic in the air, confused she sat up straighter trying to figure out what was happening. Damon walked into the waiting room, he rushed towards Bonnie who looked worried and in a trance.