Take a bite

Chapter 4

Jeremy POV

Sitting with Tori after so long, laughing felt good. I was worried about Vicki but when Tori reassured me that she was going to be fine I calmed down. I never understood how she managed to do that. I felt horrible for being a complete dick to her. I stood up saying "Now that we are talking and all, I wanted to give you something, I had this for a while. I got this when Jenna and I went to this store." I had gone out with Jenna a couple of days ago to some vintage store, she needed something for the founder's day. I was walking around bored when I saw a pendant that reminded me of Tori.

Every time there was a crescent moon we would sneak out of our house and go to the falls to lie down and watch the sky, our parents used to be so mad whenever we got caught trying to sneak back in. When I saw the crescent moon pendant with the jade stone, which happened to be her favorite color I bought it, even though I knew we were not talking to each other. I have had the pendant with me for a few weeks now, wondering when I could give it to her, today, at this moment seemed the right time.

I was taking out the small gift bag that I had kept safely in my desk drawer when I heard a 'Thud' I turned around to see Tori who was sitting on the bed two seconds ago, now on the floor, faced down

I was taking out the small gift bag that I had kept safely in my desk drawer when I heard a 'Thud' I turned around to see Tori who was sitting on the bed two seconds ago, now on the floor, faced down. I dropped the bag in my hand and rushed to Tori, turning her to see her face. Her face was greyer, blood was coming out of her nose. "ELENA! Help!" I yelled out as I cradled Tori. Stefan and Elena rushed into my room, Elena saw Tori her eyes widened "Oh My God! What happened?"

"I-I don't know, one minute we were laughing, I got up for a second and the next thing I knew she was on the floor. What do I do? Someone call 911"

Elena rushed downstairs to call 911, while Stefan rushed to my side "Get a glass of water, some towels," he yelled out while he checks her pulse.

"Is she a-alive?" I asked, as my voice cracked.

"She has a pulse, get a wet towel," Stefan instructed. I ran to the bathroom to get wet towels.

I heard Elena talk to the 911 operator "Yes, she collapsed, I don't know, yes, she has a pulse. My friend is tending to her. Okay," I drowned Elena's voice, tears were streaming my face when I suddenly heard a gasp. I rushed out with the towels, dropping them when I saw Tori awake, coughing.

"Oh my god! She is awake," Elena said, to the 911 operator.

"N-no paramedics, tell them I'm okay," Tori said as she gasped and coughed. Stefan held her. Patting her back gently.

"Yeah, no, she said she is okay, she doesn't want the paramedics, yes, I'm sure, sorry for the trouble, thank you," Elena told the 911 operator.

I rushed to her and hugged her. "I thought I lost you," I sobbed.

Tori gently patted my head and let out an exhausted chuckle. "Leave you alone, now, why would I let you live a peaceful life," she said, coughing towards the end. Stefan was standing, smiling at us. He looked relieved. Tori tried to stand up but swayed. Stefan caught her and made her sit on my bed.