Rescue Mission

Chapter 7

Flashback

"I'm pregnant!" Damon looked at the girl, confused. "And you're telling me this..." He chuckled.

"You are the father," the girl replied. Damon burst out laughing, "Listen, here....."

"Victoria!" The girl replied, annoyed.

"Right... that is impossible. I'm a vampire. One of the best things about being a vampire is the ability to sleep with any number of women I want and not have to worry about getting them pregnant, "Damon said to the young girl.

"I know, okay. You think I didn't check thrice to see if it was true? You were the only guy I slept with. I asked Bree to check too, and she confirmed it. "

"What about vampires can't procreate, Do you not understand?" Damon said. He had always wanted children, but he had given up on that dream ever since he met Katherine.

"I don't know how it's possible," Victoria said, running her hand through her hair, frustrated. "Look, Damon. If there was a chance that this baby was not yours, I would be thrilled. But it is. I have no freaking idea what is inside of me. Look I just wanted to let you know before I terminated the fetus," Victoria said. Damon, seeing the serious expression and listening to Victoria's heartbeat, which indicated she was telling the truth, knew there was some truth to what she was saying.

"I want to do a paternity test, if that is possible," Damon said, getting up from the barstool. "Come on," he continued. Victoria followed the raven-haired vampire out of the bar. They arrived at a dorm room where a young witch resided. Damon knocked on the door and waited for the witch to open it.

"Bree! My favorite witch! " Damon said, "Damon, I hear congratulations are in order," said Bree as she let the vampire and her friend in. Damon rolled his eyes as he walked into the room.

"Hey girl!" Bree said as she hugged Victoria.

"So, you confirmed Victoria's pregnancy. Which I helped create. I need to see proof. "Damon said to Victoria as he sat on Bree's bed, "Are you sure you didn't have a drunken night with someone else, because if you confess now, it would make things easier for everyone."

"I swear you were the only guy I slept with. The last time I slept with someone who was not you, was a year ago. Don't you think I would have confessed if the child was somebody else's by now,"

Damon looked conflicted. "Alright, you two. Do you want me to do a paternity test? " Bree asked Damon. "Yes," Damon answered.

"Vic, I need you to lie down on the floor and lift your shirt. Damon, I need your blood, but before that, you need to get a long syringe, while I get the rest of the stuff. " Press said as she started placing candles in a circle next to Victoria. Damon rushed to get the syringe from the medical building on the college campus, as he was getting it. There was a part of him that wanted the child to be his. If by some miracle it was his child, then he, Katherine, and the baby could be a family.

"Honey, are you going to tell Damon what you are?" Bree asked Victoria, who looked scared. "No! I-I don't know. How did this happen, Bree? I don't want to be a mother. I'm barely 21 for god's sake! " Victoria said, tears filling her eyes. "Bree, what the hell will this child be? Damon is a vampire. God this is so messed up! " Bree smiled sympathetically at her friend.

Damon flashed into the room with the syringe. "Here," he said, giving Bree the syringe.

"Alright, Damon, I need your blood. " Bree said. Damon bit his wrist and let the blood drop from it onto the bowl Bree gave him.