Chapter XXI

Third Person's POV~

Outside the Rose Palace, at the tower.

"FATHER, why is no one greeting us? Do they think of the Imperial Royal Family as a joke?"

Asked the First Princess Victoria. The Imperial Royal Family arrived at the Grand Duchy via a gate. But to their surprise, no one came to welcome them, only the Mana Users who is working at the gate were present.

Seeing the enraged Princess, the Assistant Vassal Benjamin Mosheyev of the Mosheyev Marquisate, stepped in asked the Mana User.

"Where is the Grand Duke and why is none of the nobles are here?"

The Mana User bowed first before answering. "There was a commotion on the Lake Pavilion that concerns the First Princess of the Griffiths, so the Grand Duke and the other nobles are at the scene right now."

The Assistant Vassal Benjamin looked at the emperor, waiting for orders. the emperor nodded as to say to keep asking question.

"Where is that Lake Pavilion?"

"Oh, that place is at the back of the Rose Palace, if you walk from here it is quite far, Your Majesties. Would you like me to go get the Head Butler?"

The emperor just shrugged and said. "Yes, get the Head Butler. But we will not be going to the Lake Pavilion."

The Mana User then bowed and bid their goodbye and went to the Rose Palace. It took the Mana User quite a while before coming back. The Head Butler was with him and seemed that the Head Butler was out of breath.

"We deeply apologize for the lack of manners we have may have shown. There was an urgent issue the Grand Duke must address and was not able to greet you, Your Majesties."

The head butler bowed while saying those. The emperor just waved his hands. Dismissing the endless apologies.

"Ah, yes. I heard there was trouble concerning the First Daughter of the Griffiths. Don't make it a big deal. I understand the troubles of a father."

"Your mercy knows no bounds, Your Majesty." The Head Butler bowed once again and led the Imperial Royal Family to their separate lodgings.

As they were walking the emperor can't help but ask the butler. "How old is the Young Lady of the Griffiths?"

"The Young Lady is celebrating her 4th birthday, Your Majesty." the butler answered politely.

"Hmm. You're turning eleven this coming winter, right West?"

The First Prince was startled by the question his father asked so as the Empress. They were not expecting that kind of question and it only meant one thing, the emperor is planning on making ties with the Grand Duchy.

Even the Assistant Vassal Benjamin Mosheyev and the Head Butler were shocked. They thought that the emperor might be thinking of having the Prince and the First Daughter of the Griffiths to get married.

Although hesitating, the Young Prince said, "Yes, Father."

"Hmm..." was what the emperor said in reply.

They continued walking. The thought of being engaged to a four-year old made the prince uncomfortable.

Inside the Rose Palace, Study of the Grand Duke.

The Grand Duke sighed before he sat down on his chair. The trouble that involved his daughter was still lingering in his mind. He could not believe that his daughter has that kind of side to her.

Yeah, it was true that when he first met his daughter was kind of cold to him but that was because she did not know him, and it was the first time they saw each other. Then their only improved after that. Even Irisia seemed shocked earlier when his daughter shouted 'no'.

Was this also the first time Siessylt went angry?

There was knock on the door and his thoughts were cut short.

"Come in."

The one who knocked was a butler. "Your Highness, the Imperial Royal Family arrived moments ago."

The Grand Duke can't help but massage his temple. It is a problem one after the other. First his daughter, now the Imperial Royal Family.

"Tell the Head Butler that I will visit the quarters of Their Majesties when he comes back."

"Yes, Your Highness." the butler bowed once again before walking out of the room.

The Grand Duke sighed again. The whole thing about this banquet is starting to crumble.

Siessylt Andreana Georgianne Griffiths POV~

IT IS almost time for the tea party between the children to begin. And of course, I need to attend. This for me after all. The attendees are all the children that their parents brought with them.

Ugh! Ayoko sanang pumunta kaso lang ay pinagalitan ako ni Irisia. Kaya heto ako ngayon at binibihisan nila. Sout ko ang isang kulay dilaw na dress. Inayusan nila ang buhok ko ng naka-pig tails.

Ironically, sa Lake Pavilion nila ini-held ang tea party. At kahit na birthday ko ito, hindi hi-higit sa dalwampu lang ang mga batang naririto. Tingin kasi ng mga adults sa banquet na ito bilang isang business party.

Dahil narin sa lahat ng invited dito ay may impluwensya hindi lang sa politika pati na rin aspetong pera. Most of the commoners who were invited here were famous merchants that have a status that is equal to a noble. Though most of them here have bought themselves a noble title. These said merchants were the backbone of the empire's economy.

Naglalakad na ako ngayon papuntang Lake Pavilion. Kasabay ko sa paglalakad ay ang mga servants ng Gardenia Palace. At oo, sinamahan nila ako para daw hindi na maulit pang muli ang nangyari kanina, wala naman na akong nagawa kung hindi ang pumayag.

Narating namin ang Lake Pavilion. Nandoon na nag halos lahat ng mga bisita. Agad na nagsi-bulongan ang mga ito ng makita nila akong paparating. Hindi ko na lang pinansin ang mga ito. Agad akong umupo sa may pinaka-ulonan ng napakahabang lamesa.

Isang mahabang lamesa ang inu-upoan namin. Mula sa may pinaka-mataas na noble title ang malapit sa akin at ang malayo sa akin naman ang may babang noble title o di kaya'y mga commoner.

Natahimik sila ng makitang naka-upo na ako. I roamed my eyes around. Ang pinakabata ang nasa eda na apat at ang pinakamatanda naman ay nasa edad na labing dalawa. Nginitian ko silang lahat.

"Now, shall we start?"

--------------------------

P.S.

Sorry sa short update. Inuulan kasi dito sa amin, mahina ang signal. 😊