Chapter XVIII

Third Person's POV~ 

The Rose Palace was  filled with servants running around. Making sure that the guest that arrived settle inside without trouble, especially those guest who will stay in  palace. 

As the hallways are busy, the biggest drawing room, where the Grand Duke and the other high ranking nobles gathered, was silent. No one was making any sound. As if they were afraid, all of them had cold sweats in their faces.

Well who would not be afraid if the one that will greet you the moment you step inside was the devil-incarnate himself? Heck, I almost peed at my pants when his face the first thing I saw when I stepped out the carriage.

Thought of Viscount Henry, who was only dragged into this place because of his brother in law who is the Count of Reuheim. 

And yes, everyone in the room thought of the same except for a handful. They were the Duke of Emtray, Duke of Gantre, Count of Terasil, Count of Reuheim, and the Duke of Asdef.

These people are the one the Grand Duke often sees whenever he is in the capital, and all six of them attended the same academy, so naturally they will be more relaxed compared to those who only heard of the Grand Duke through rumors and false news.

After while, a butler came with servants on his back, all of them brought tea and once finished distributing the tea, all of them bowed before leaving the room.

Moments of silence passed before the Duke of Emtray started to open a topic. He put down his tea before speaking.

"So, how your break?" pretraining to the Grand Duke.

The Grand Duke sighed. Making the other people in the room have a mini heart attack. Thinking that he was offended by the question.

"It is splendid." he put down his tea, "But thinking of the three years of not knowing whether my youngest child was alright, still bugged my mind every night." he flashed a smile that made him seem look shinning. "But these past few months had been one of the best in my life. That is why I arranged this banquet, to formally introduce her."

The people on the room almost became blind due to the Grand Duke's smile. But his sentiment was not rare, as everyone of them had experienced this, not seeing children for long period of time. They understood him and only nodded.

"That is true. It is a shame that you did not see your daughter for the past three years." Duke Asdef said. "But why now though? You could have introduced her the moment you came back."

A moment of silence passed before the the Grand Duke answered.

"Well, that is because I wanted to take my time in knowing her. And she is still too young. That's why I only managed to arrange this banquet six months later."

The talk proceeded like that and the topic changed to business. As they were talking they were startled by the sound of the door opening harshly. All their heads turned to the source of disturbance.

They saw a maid and a knight catching their breath the head butler was about to scold them when the two of them shouted at the same time.

"The Princess is-!"
"The Young Lady is-!"

"In trouble!"

With this the the Grand Duke and the Duke of Asdef stood abruptly. Their face stricken with worry. Then they made haste and ran to the door, following the maid and the knight. The other nobles saw this and due to curiosity, they followed. The commotion was heard of everyone in the palace, nobles and servants alike was curious and followed them out. 

When they reached the Lake Pavilion, all of them where shocked on what they see.

Siessylt Andreana Georgianne Griffiths' POV

"Princess! Make it stop!" 

"Mahal na Prinsesa! Mlalagot ka po talaga sa Grand Duke niyan!"

"Tama na po, Mahal na prinsesa!"

Rinig ko ang mga palahaw nila Irisia sa liod ko. Hindi ko sila pinansin dahil hindi naman na madali i-hinto ang magic na na-i-cast ko. And even if I can stop it, I still need to be at least a fourth level Mana User to be able to undo it. At sa sitwasyon ko ngayon, I am still at second level. 

Nagkibit-balikat na lang ako at tumalikod. I want to have a bath na.

"Sammy, ready my bath. I feel sticky already." Saad ko hindi sila nililingon. "And oh, please add the thing you added last time. I really liked scent from that one."

Nagpatuloy ako sa paglalakad pero wala akong maramdaman na sumusunod sa akin. Bigla ring nanahimik ang paligid, kaya naman nilingon ko na sila.

"Sammy? Did you not hear m..."

Pero naputol iyon ng makita ko ang dahilan kung bakit sila nanahimik, na maging ang kaninang ma-i-ingay na mga batang basa ay natihimk din. 

I looked at the person leading a mob of nobles and servants alike. He was standing there, seemed to be dumbfounded at the sight he is seeing. He looked at me with an unreadable expression in his face. He is none other than my father, the Grand Duke.

Ugh... Diba? Cute dapat ako sa paningin ng Daddy. 

Now that he has seen this part of me, magbago kaya ang isip niya sa akin? What would he say? What does he think of me now? 

Imbes na magreact ng para bang nahuli akong may pinapatay ay nagkibit balikat lang nalang ako. "What? They started it first."

Kita naman ang gulat sa lahat ng mga nandoon. I mean, I talked to the feared Grand Duke like he is someone from the down the street. And I bet even the nobles here think that I am a commoner because of my appearance right now. 

"Siessylt, what is this? Did you do the--" 

"No! They started it! Calling me a commoner and things. And they started attacking me and they deserve that!" 

Tsaka ko itinuro ang mga batang hanggang ngayon ay tumatakbo pa rin. Lahat sila ay habol ng mga taga-bantay nila. I can also see the their mothers trying to calm them. Nilingon din sila ni Daddy, napa-face palm nalang siya sa nakita niya. Binalik niya ang tingin niya sa akin 

"Baby, make it stop."

"NO!"

Okay, it may sound disrespectful but, hello? I am supposed to be five years old, and five years old throw tantrums. 

And with my shout, everyone fell silent. Kahit na ang mga batang kanina pa nagsisigaw ay nahinto. Irisia even came at my side and whispered that I should just tell Daddy what happened.

"No! They were the ones that started it! They teased me! I just want to let it go but they started attacking me! I just gave them what they deserve!" 

Sagot ko kay Irisia. Sinadya ko naman na na palakasin ang huling mga salita para marinig ng lahat.

"Siessylt, please make it stop. They looked wear down already." 

Daddy said softly. He even crouched in front me.

Okay, we need to step up the game. Para naman mas maging convincing pa ang acting natin. 

Acting 101, lesson 1.

Bite the lower lip.

Lesson 2.

Connect your eyebrows.

Lesson 3.

Cry.

"Hnngg... Only tier 4 and above Mana User can cancel the effects of the spell..." Pinilit ko ang mata para may tumulo na luha. "Hnngg.... I HATE YOU, DADDY!" Tapos ay madramang tumalikod sa kanya. "Sammy, my bath!"

Pinagsaklop ko ang mga palad ko at gumamit ng mana.

"Movereloco!"

And yeah, I ran away to my bathtub.

----------------

P.S. 

Sorry sa matagal na update. Naging busy ako sa buhay kaya wala nang time sa pagsusulat. Sana nagustuhan niyo! :)