she can't sleep (requested)

A long and heavy sigh fell from Rosie's lips as she opened her eyes once more.

She's trying her hardest to keep herself from restlessly tossing and turning because you're sleeping soundly beside her and she doesn't want to wake you.

It's nearing three in the morning and she's still wide awake, despite trying so hard to fall asleep over the last couple of long hours.

She rolled over from her back and onto her side so she could face you now. She closed her eyes again, finding herself cracking a smile as she listened to the soft breaths falling from your lips.

You were sound asleep, probably having sweet dreams and Rosie could only hope they were about her.

She reached out to brush her fingertips across your arm, moving them in soft circles against your skin. She had no intention of waking you.

She only wanted to feel your soft skin against her touch, craving your warmth and the comfort that she always finds when she gets to hold you and caress your skin.

But she pulled away when you began to stir. She bit her lip and stayed as still as she could, guiltily hoping she didn't wake you.

She's already miserable as she struggles to fall asleep.

She didn't want you to have to deal with it as well.

She sat up against the pillows and closed her eyes.

Brushing her hands across her face, she groaned as she thought about everything she has to get done tomorrow.

Running on little to no sleep isn't new for Rosé but it's not fun either and she wants to get at least a couple hours of sleep in, even if it's not much.

But she only has a few hours before she has to be out the door; four to be exact.

She's not sure if sleep will happen at all for her tonight. She's feeling hopeless about it.

She listened to you breathe as she pushed the blankets back.

She swung her legs over the bed and began to scoot towards the edge ever so slowly, hoping that she could slip out of bed without waking you.

But she was unsuccessful.

"Rosie?"

She jumped when she heard your voice.

You turned on the lamp, making the room light up a little so you could see her face.

"Where are you going?"

She could sense the worry in your voice.

Tring to relieve them and hoping she could get you to fall back asleep, she scooted as close as she could to you before kissing your forehead lingeringly.

"I can't get to sleep. I'm going to go and get some water."

"No." You said and rubbed your eyes.

"Y/N, baby, don't worry. Just close your eyes and go back to sleep. You're tired, don't force yourself to stay awake."

"I'm not." You said and sat up, a yawn escaping your lips. "But I know what you're up to. You can't sleep so you'll go and get some water and then you won't come back because you'll worry about waking me again. So you'll sit on the sofa, all by yourself, and watch some shows to keep yourself occupied until the sun comes up."

You know her like the back of your hand.

"You know me so well."

You nodded.

"But don't worry about me. You're tired, I want you to sleep."

"No, not without you."

"Y/N, I don't want both of us to be up until the sun rises."

"We won't be. Because you're going to lay back down and get some sleep." You said with a sleepy smile.

"I've laid in bed for three hours, trying my hardest to get to sleep. But I haven't yet."

"But I wasn't awake to help you then. I am now, though. I'll help you."

Her heart fluttered and as she laid back down on her back again, you tucked her in and then began to play with her long blonde hair.

"You're so beautiful." You said before kissing her cheek.

She chuckled as she closed her eyes, unable to hold back her grin.

"You're even more beautiful."

You shook your head, although she didn't see because she was keeping her eyes closed.

"Stop worrying so much. Whether it's about how many hours you've got until you have to head out the door or all the things you have to do during the day; let it all go. That's still hours away. You're here with me right now. It's just us, baby. Focus on that."

"Okay." She said. "You're right."

You stared at her in adoration as you continued to play with her hair, twirling the strands around your fingertips ever so gently.

"You're going to be just fine, my love. You'll get some good sleep and have a good day tomorrow."

She smiled a little.

"You know what to say to make me feel better."

"Shh." You spoke softly before kissing the corners of her lips. "Keep your eyes closed."

You began to hum quietly and her heart skipped a beat upon realizing that it was to her song that you were humming along to.

"I'm so in love with you." She spoke.

You could tell by the sound of her voice that she was starting to drift off to sleep.

"I'm so in love with you, my girl." You whispered and kissed her cheek before you continued to play with her hair and hum along to gone, watching as she fell asleep.

You gently pulled your fingers from her hair and put your head on her shoulder, staring at her with a smile.

"Sleep tight, baby. I love you so much and hope you have sweet dreams."

Oh, she definitely would.

Because, for certain, she'd be dreaming about you tonight.