you have heterochromia (requested)

Rosie sat down in the booth across from you as the waitress put the menus down in front of you.

"Hey," the waitress said as she tapped on your shoulder to get your attention. "I just want to tell you that you have really pretty eyes." She smiled politely and you quietly thanked her with a small smile before she walked away.

Rosie just shook her head with a giggle.

This is nothing new for her. You've been together for almost eight months now and everywhere you go, you always get showered with compliments about your eyes.

She couldn't be upset with anyone who tells you things like that. She's in love with you, every single thing about you, but your eyes are one of her favorite things.

You have heterochromia, so your eyes are different colors.

While most people are fascinated by your eyes and find them to be uniquely beautiful, you feel a little insecure and ashamed of them.

She noticed how quiet you seemed as she spoke about how excited she is for your date night tonight. You didn't say a word. You didn't smile. You just sat in silence.

"Y/N? Baby, what's wrong? You're unusually quiet." She said as she closed her menu and reached across the table to hold your hand.

"I don't get why people love my eyes so much. I don't like them. I'm tired of people telling me how unique they are and how they've never seen anything like them before."

"But baby, they're beautiful. Truly." She said as she got up from the booth and sat down beside you on yours instead.

"I wish they were normal. Sometimes I feel ashamed of them. Everyone always says things about them."

She sighed and squeezed your hand a few times.

"I know it must make you a little self-conscious sometimes to have people commenting on a part of you. But they're a lovely part of you. Every part of you is lovely. Your eyes catch other people's attention. Your heterochromia is a rare but extraordinarily beautiful thing, my love"

"I know." You spoke quietly.

"They're part of you, a perfect part. Be a little kinder to yourself."

"Okay."

"And if you're uncomfortable with people always talking about them, say something."

"I will." You said as you put your head on her shoulder.

"I love you, everything about you, y/n."

"I love you too."

She kissed your forehead and rubbed your back, her eyes locking with yours.

She brushed her thumb along your cheek with a sweet smile on her face, hoping one day you'd find your eyes, and everything else about yourself, to be as beautiful as she believes you are.