you're the one that I love (requested)

You took a look in the mirror, wanting to look your very best for tonight.

Your best friend, Rosie, is coming over and your heart is skipping beat after beat just thinking about being close to her again.

Every time she's near, your feelings for her grow even more intense than before. You swear that you've never been so in love with anyone.

The only thing is she's not coming alone.

Her girlfriend is tagging along, much to your dismay.

When you found out that she'd found someone, it made your heart break.

But, as her best friend and being too afraid to confess your feelings for her, you're trying to be as supportive as you can.

It's not easy to do but you're trying and that's a start.

You heard the sound of car doors closing and you looked out the window to find Rosie and her girlfriend walking up the steps to your house.

A knock at the door came a few seconds later and you took a deep breath before you opened it.

"Y/N!" Rosé grinned before giving you a hug. "Missed you."

"Missed you too." You said as you hugged her back, looking at her girlfriend.

You furrowed your eyebrows when you noticed the dirty look she was giving you.

Clearing her throat, Rosie pulled away from you and took her girlfriend's hand as she held it out, practically telling Rosé to hold it.

"Come in." You said and they walked inside before you closed the door.

"How have you been?" You asked, your eyes meeting Rosie's soft and bright ones.

"Good."

"That's great." You replied.

"Something smells amazing," Rosie said as she closed her eyes, inhaling the aroma of the food you made for tonight. "Y/N is a great cook. You're going to love her food, babe."

Her girlfriend just chuckled, clearly unimpressed as she looked at you.

"We'll see." She spoke in a snotty manner.

You raised your eyebrows at her and shook your head, trying to brush off her comment.

"Here, sit down." You nodded toward the kitchen table. "I'll be there in a second."

You grabbed the food you cooked and carried it over to the table as they took a seat.

"How's everything going with the group?"

"Great!" Rosé grinned.

Your heart skipped a beat over the sparkle in her eyes as she said that.

You love talking about Blackpink and music with her, as it is her biggest passion and always brings the biggest smile to her face when she's asked about it.

Rosé helped herself to the food, even putting some of it on her girlfriend's plate.

You put some on yours and heard her clear her throat to get your attention.

"Wow, y/n. That's a lot. Are you sure you want to eat that much?"

"Be nice," Rosie warned, which only made her girlfriend scoff.

"Whatever. Just telling the truth."

You ignored her comments, although they did get under your skin.

But for your best friend, you had to try and let things go so you could be as supportive of her as possible.

You didn't want to start anything, too afraid you'd somehow end up losing her.

Rosie started to speak to you, going on about a few different things she's been up to lately, and you listened to her every word.

You stared at her, your eyes full of adoration as she spoke. You rested your cheek on your hand, smiling along when she'd giggle about something.

But, suddenly, you were interrupted by her girlfriend being obnoxious yet again.

"Uh, excuse me. Why do you keep looking at my girlfriend like that?"

"What?" You asked as you took a bite of your food.

"You look at her like you're in love with her. Can you not see that she's taken?" She asked, raising her hand that was wrapped in Rosie's a little for you to see.

"I don't know what you're talking about." You fibbed.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say." Her girlfriend said, a snotty smile on her face. "Just so we're clear, even if she wasn't with me, you wouldn't stand a chance. She likes you as a friend. I don't know how you could think she'd ever love you as more when you look like... that."

Rosie dropped her fork on her plate loudly, making you jump.

"I mean, have you taken a look in the mirror? I'm better than you and everyone knows it. You can keep dreaming but she's never going to love you like that."

"That's it," Rosé said as she pulled her hand out of her girlfriend's grip. "I'm done with this."

"You're right. Thank gosh you've come to your senses. We should leave and find someone better to hang out with."

You hung your head, feeling your heart shatter over her hurtful words.

"No. Not this. You." Rosie corrected, making you lift your head.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. How dare you sit here and talk like that to the girl I'm in love with!"

"What?" You and her girlfriend spoke at the same time.

Rosie didn't even feel bothered by her sudden confession, one she'd held inside and kept to herself for the longest time.

She just stared at you with a sparkle in her beautiful brown eyes.

"You're in love with me? Seriously?"

"Are you kidding? I'm head over heels for you. You're the one that I love, y/n. I just didn't say that until now because I didn't know if you felt the same. But it needed to be said because this snotty egotistical brat here thinks she's all that when she isn't. She's tearing down the girl I love, which is not okay with me."

You heard her, well, now ex-girlfriend scoff.

"What did you just call me?"

"Just telling the truth." Rosie shrugged and you couldn't help but chuckle quietly.

"Whatever." Her ex said, storming out of your house before getting into her car, which she and Rosie came in, before driving away.

"Well, this dinner has been not at all what I expected it to be."

Rosé giggled before getting up and coming over to sit in the chair beside you.

"I meant what I said." She spoke softly. "I do love you, y/n. I'm seriously in love with you, very much so. Please tell me you feel the same."

"Of course I do." You said as she took your hand into hers. "I've never loved anyone as much as I love you."

She cupped your cheek in her other hand before leaning in for a kiss.

She sighed softly against your lips when they met hers, both of your hearts skipping beats over the sweet kiss.

It was everything you've ever dreamt of, if not even more perfect.

"I love you." You whispered as she slowly pulled away.

"I love you too." She smiled before kissing you again, wishing that she could spend forever in these beautiful moments with you.