Chapter 1

Entering through my front door I was confronted with the arctic air of my living room. The walls radiated with shimmer, the housemaid has returned from her vacation. Going up the stairs the pearly white tile beneath my feet contrasted my hot burning face.

Catapulting my body onto my bed, the world went silent.

I awoke to the blaring noise of my alarm clock. Hitting the reset button I look down at myself to find my clothes have not changed.

"I fell asleep."

Getting up, I got a change of clothes and went to get changed. On my way to the kitchen, a letter was on the coffee table.

"Not again I hope not again."

Tearing the spongy wax seal read its contents.

Dear Ora,

We love you very much, are you doing okay? Is the housemaid off her vacation? We pay her thousands for nothing. Are you enjoying the pool we shipped over for your birthday? Sorry, your mother and I missed it. Next year we will be at home for sure.

Speaking of home, we won't be back at the house for another three months. We got a huge business deal in the making.

You understand right??

Love, your parents

l sighed.

Every year I wait for next year to be different. I wait for the year when I have friends, my parents are here, and maybe even find love. But out of all the years, this one has been the worst. Friends were always a problem but, well, at least I had Arya.

Or so I thought.

The ends of the table rattle and shake as my hand's grip and treble against the wood, scratching its pristine surface.

"Ugh, I wish I could just run away sometimes!!'

Grabbing the table centerpiece, its glass surface feeling like ice against my volcanic hands, I slammed it against the floor. I do not care about the pool! I do not care about the maid!

"This, all of this!! It means NOTHING!" spinning around I grabbed more glass sculptures throwing them onto the ground. They cried as they scattered into oblivion onto the ivory reflection on the floor. Taking a step back, I took a deep breath and looked around to find no one but myself. If this is how the rest of the year is going to go then count me out.

"I am not staying here!" "I'm going to go far away!" my voice echoed throughout the empty rooms of the house.

Making my way up to my bedroom, a particular family photo caught my eye. My mother had her cheerful sunny dress as she viewed the ocean from the boat deck, my father behind the wheel of the ship smiling and nodding his captain hat. Then there was me next to my mother as my hair swayed in the breeze refusing to look at the camera.

"It was all a lie."

Taking the photo off the wall I threw it down the stairs it bumped and rumbled as it made its descent to the floor.

It would be the first to go. 

                                                                                 ------------

Hey, thank you for reading!!!

What are your thoughts?

Likes /dislikes?

Don't forget to vote :)