chapter one: stories

Start from the beginning

(Basic idea of what the island looked like)

Dryden p.o.v

My family had only just landed on the island and we had already started working on building our homes as a clan.

We already had multiple shacks built on the first day and it was soon turning night, I was happily sitting out near the beach playing with the sand and the water, building things by using the water to make the sand more sturdy I spent all day and it led into the night, I enjoyed playing with the sand.

I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings, mostly because this sand castle was the best entertainment I had in months, that was until I heard screaming and shouting.

I slowly turned around and saw my whole clan running from our camp sight that had been lit ablaze with all different kinds of dragons attacking.

I quickly ran towards the nearest boat and It seamed to me that I was the first on the boat, "get off the boat!!" I heard my mother scream causing me to look over the side to see my parents running to me, but it's this moment that changed my life as a familiar screech echoed over the battle field the sound of what my parents taught me was the night fury.

I was frozen in fear, did the night fury follow us here? And where was it? I began to look around, untill I saw something hovering above the battle field, a white dragon looking right at me as it blasted an attack that sounded just like a night fury.

The last thing I saw was the dragons face, It wasn't mad or angry or upset, no it was worried and it was looking right at me with concern, did it not mean to harm me? I didn't get a chance to think as I landed on the sand.

sand normally feels soft and grainy, I should know as I had just made a sand castle, but when I hit the ground it was hard and it knocked me out cold.

*3 days later*

Over these three whole days something weird happened, I was having these dreams of a kid, he had brown hair and green eyes and a small barely noticeable scar under his mouth I could remember his name very well.

His name was hiccup, my parents were happy we was friends as they hoped it would make our clan closer to the chiefs clan, but in the end it didn't work out and our clan left.

But after a while I felt the dreams began to fade as I woke up, but when I woke I found myself having a weird sensation almost like I was missing something.

I tried to open my eyes and it took a moment, but soon I felt the light seep into my eyes causing them to sting and what I was expecting to see was the boats and my family, but I started to panic when I found myself of a forest floor, the trees were just barley open enough to let the sun splash on my face.

I realized I was still on the island and my first thought was our family had killed the dragons and we must be safe, but when I pushed my self up into a sitting position, I was instantly scared as a cross from me sat a beautiful yet familiar dragon.

The dragon was completely white it had blue eyes and she seamed happy? "Wait no don't eat me" I screamed as I tried to push off my right leg, I was trying to move back but ... I didn't move.

I looked down at my leg and that's when I realized why I had a feeling that I was missing something

My right foot was gone, my clothes were burnt and my leg was cauterized, "no no no ... You already took a bite" I cried as my leg began to hurt

Suddenly the white dragon scampered up to me, she gave me a concerned look as she licked my face at first I kept crying, but soon there licking began to tickle "Hahaha stop that tickles" I screeched As she kept going.

The pain soon disappeared and I felt more comfortable around the dragon, at this point she had curled up around me creating almost like a cocoon, then she fired a blast of flames which made the inside look like the night sky.

Dragons are not bad and this one was proof, of all my 12 years of life I always believed dragons were killers but this one ... This one's my real mother