(Y/N) "Hmm... still, I don't think that makes me her favourite. It's probably just because you're older."

He pointed at a framed picture on the shelf above the fireplace. It was a picture of me after I had been turned into a demon, smiling and holding my very first spell book. He then pointed to the picture next to it - also of me, baking cookies with Aunt Minerva.

(Y/N) "That doesn't prove anything. She has pictures of you and the twins too."

He then pointed again at a bigger framed painting hung on the wall. Below it, a small dresser and placed above that, a plate of flowers. The painting was that of me while I was taking a bath with rubber duckies.

He pointed at another, even larger painting of me yet again, this time in a zoo, pointing at lions.

And another one, of me watering the plants.

Ryuu then stood up and used both his hands to direct my attention at the giant painting of me sitting on mom's lap hung on the wall behind me, around said painting were vases of flowers and above it, spotlights.

Ryuu "See? Face it dude, she likes you the most."

(Y/N) "H-...how did I not notice that painting...?"

After my amazement of my own obliviousness (And the amount of pictures of me mom put around this place), i looked back at Ryuu with a hint of sadness and guilt.

(Y/N) "Sorry, Ryuu... I didn't know I hogged so much of her attention... You and the twins surely deserve it too!"

To my surprise, Ryuu replied with his usual calm smile.

Ryuu "Nahhh It's okay. After you're rough upbringing, I'd say you deserve it."

Kami" Besides, it's not like she doesn't pay attention to us - she does."

Tani "...She just pays more to you."

A small pause came after their statement, which only made the guilt set in even deeper. Thankfully, Ryuu was able to break it and set my focus back on what I have to do.

Ryuu "That being said though... the one who asks for that game console still has to be you. None of us could pull it off."

I thought about it for a moment. There isn't really much I could do in not being mom's favourite, but I may be able to give them some of the benefits...

I looked to my side to see Gon still desperately trying to do kickflips meanwhile Killua is trying to catch some of the koi in the little pool with Gon's fishing rod. Getting up from where I was sitting, I walked to them and called out.

(Y/N) "Killua, Gon."

Both stopped what they were doing and turned to me.

Gon "Hey (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) "Ryuu and I think that we should go shopping for some stuff today. What do you guys think?"

Gon "Ooh going shopping? Sure!"

Killua "I'm down."

(Y/N) "Alright. I'll just go tell mom."

I left everyone to their own devices and made my way towards mom's quarters which wasn't very far from ours. Well - comparatively speaking that is. It took a bit of searching but I eventually found her reading a book in her bedroom.

She closed her book and greeted me with a warm smile.

Well... here goes nothing...

(Y/N) "Hey mom... can we go shopping?"