Chapter 19

- Thalia's Pov -

I drove myself, Loki and Chris into town and once we found a parking spot in a side street (London never has any space in a multistory) went to the high street and saw that there was a festival of some sort in full swing, and the streets were decorated in pink and red.
"Which festival is this?" I ran my hand along with the banners that coat the streetlights. Loki was walking next to me.
"I think it may be the town's love day celebration?" Loki looked around to find Chris had already found food and was stuffing his face. He poked Chris in the arm.
"Muncher? What do you think?"
"Hmm. Looks like Loveday already?" He smiled "And I don't even have a date"
"You could always ask food to be your date?" I jested as Chris grabbed a hotdog and eat it. He glared at me before walking off. He did shout that he would be back later.

As Chris walked off, I turned to face Loki and he seemed to be beaming at me.
"What?" I tilted my head.
"Nothing, I just. I don't know. I just love you" Loki smiled as he reached out "Shall we look around, darling?" Loki inquired.
"Not like I have a choice" I hastily answered.
"We don't have to" Loki dropped my hands "I know you don't like being in crowds" I picked at my hands. I shouldn't let my fear hold me back.
"As long as you are with me, I will be fine" I smiled as Loki gently took hold of my waist and kept me close.

Thor had joined us at some point. He was enjoying the festival. We saw him sitting between two blondes. Looking rather happy with himself. Loki wanted to avoid him. Loki turned us away and started walking but I guess Thor saw us as he started yelling after us.
"Loki! Thalia!" He bellowed. Loki rolled his eyes.
"I do not have the strength for this" He mumbled before spinning around, He put on a fake grin "Brother, What do you want?"
"I just want to say hi" He patted Loki's arm and hugged me. (It did feel as if I was being squished) "Hello Thalia, How is your Grandmother doing?" I frowned at the man.
"How do you know about my Nanna?" I questioned. Loki gripped my hand.
"Thalia, I told him. He was with me when you rang me" He spoke. I nodded. I guess that seems fair. I took a deep breath.
"She's okay. Much better. Not out of the woods just yet but she can see the clearing" I smiled.
"Excellent. I wish her a speedy recovery. May her heart be as strong as an old ox" Thor fist-bumped my shoulder.
"Thanks" I smiled again.
"Would you two care to join me for a drink? The ale here is quite smooth" Thor pointed to an old-school-style bar. I didn't want alcohol but I could use a drink. I looked at Loki with pleading eyes.
"Fine, I think we can manage one drink" Loki held up one finger as Thor lead us inside.

"I remember the first time I ever stole father's ale. I brought you some and got you drunk for the first time. Turns out that the two of us together being drunk is a mess" Thor's voice boomed as we sat by the large stain-glassed windows.
"Didn't we spend 10 minutes trying to communicate with each other using just our eyebrows?" Loki questioned as he chuckled.
"That is not how it went" Thor replied "I tried to give you something that wasn't tequila... For example, water... You kept saying it was against your religion"
"Yes well, I have always been the spiritual type" Loki flipped his hair "Wasn't that the night when everyone was in the cells by half 11?" He added.
"Then that's what I call a successful party"
"Oh, I remember that night. Odin ate your pop tarts because you drank his ale" Loki remarked.
"I still don't think that it was a fair trade" Thor sulked. We all chuckled. I hooked my arm with Loki's and listened as he and Thor told tales of their youth. It was nice to hear. I got to see Loki in a different light. He used to be so carefree and happy before Odin dropped the adopted thing on him.

It was all good. Well, That was till Thor got a little too drunk and started embarrassing Loki. It wasn't anything bad. Just the normal older sibling stuff.
"Thalia, Look, there are candy floss stalls! Let's get some" Loki pointed as he pulled me away from Thor. I then started tugging on his arm.
"They have candy apples! Let's have them instead!" I said excitedly as Loki chuckled at me.