|12| Celebrate

"Table for how many?" The hostess asks politely as she held a stack of menus, your mom leans in towards her. "Four please."

"Right this way" she beams walking towards a table in the middle of the restaurant, letting you all sit down.

"I'll be back with some water."

Although Bobby had been disqualified for what he did to Daniel, your parents had already promised a dinner for tonight.

"I'm really disappointed in what you did tonight, Bobby." Your dad disciplines his son, "you shouldn't of listened to that psycho sensei of yours."

Bobby snapped, "you were the one to encourage me to join karate in the first place." He retorted with narrowed eyes.

"OK. Let's just enjoy our dinner tonight and discuss it tomorrow." Your mom chimes in as the waiter interjects with a wide smile, "okay, what can I get started for ya?"

She sets the glasses of waters down for each one of you, standing up straight she waits for someone to respond.

"I'll just get a salad" your mom requests sweetly, "oh and a salmon, green beans, and rice for my husband." She gestures to your stepdad with one hand.

"A burger with fries and a coke." Bobby said while scanning the menu intently and then closing it to hand back to her.

The waiter turns to you with a small smile patiently waiting, your answer was [whatever you order at a restaurant.]

"Okay! Let me get these back." She reaches for the menus stacking them up again, "and I'll go get those orders in line for you all."

"Thank you." Your mom gleefully obliged her before turning to you and Bobby, "what happened after you two left?"

"We just talked it out, mom."

"Yeah, no fist fighting this time." Bobby jokes with a light chuckle, your mom nods her head. "Good."

"You two are getting along a lot better recently, finally maturing?" Your dad doesn't look up from the newspaper he held, you were confused on how he always finds them.

"Yeah, I guess."

Your mom lets out a sigh of relief, "Well, I'm glad you two have finally come to terms of being civil instead of thinking violence is the answer." She comments, folding a napkin in front of her on her lap.

"Yeah," Bobby says your name, "has turned into a saint. Flipping out on us after Johnny and I fought Daniel."

Your mom shrugs, "I'm proud of her."

You break into a smile at your mother, "thanks mama."

"Of course, hey-"

"Is there room for three more?" Daniel asks from behind you, your head turns to see him. "Hi.. Yes! There's always room for you guys." You point to the empty chairs, "pull up a few chairs, Bobby move over." You look at him.

He doesn't say anything as he shuffles closer to you on the bench, letting Ali sit down Daniel and his mom grab chairs.

"Thanks, we just wanted to eat here and I noticed you had come too." Daniel explains when taking a seat, his mom joins alongside him at your table.

"This is my ma, and girlfriend." He introduces them to your parents, "I'm your daughter's friend."

"Ah, charmed!" Your mom says as she starts to talk to Daniel's mom. "Hello! I'm Lucille." She says happily.

Ali and you share a glance over Bobby, she quietly speaks up. "I wanted to say I'm sorry for ignoring you today, it was really selfish of me."

You sway your hand to her, "ah. Don't worry about it, you had a right to be."