|08| True Intentions

Heart pounding, sweaty palms, shaking hands. You swore your anxiety was higher than the roof, thinking making smoking a quick dab wouldn't even take the edge off, it made you physically ill. Your family and you walk through the entrance of Encino Oaks country club.

"We're a bit late, but we can still have something to eat and chat a bit." Your stepdad says merrily, Bobby groans at his father "dad it's like almost 10 o'clock, we are very late."

"Yeah. You said we were leaving in 30 minutes when I got home, but you ended up watching your Tv show." You add.

"Oh, give your dad a break" your mom chimes in as she clutches her purse in one hand, guiding you into the building with the other.

It had never been a problem for you to come here, but tonight was different. Way different.

You walk more into the place, looking around seeing no one familiar until the voice of your best friend is heard to your right.

"Hi!" Ali greets you as she walks over, you and her share a small hug, "what's up?"

"Not much, you guys eat yet?" You ask her, before she could answer your mom nudges you "dad and I are going to find us a table."

You nod to her and she leaves. Bobby runs off to find Johnny probably, you scan the room looking for him - Ali takes notice to this and laughs. "He's over there," she points in the direction where Johnny had just sat down at his table in a chair across from where you stood, he smiled at you sweetly.

This caused your stomach turn, giving a small wave you look to your right to Ali now dancing with her dad.

"Troubles with Johnny?" Her dad asks her, "you two lovebirds having problems?"

Ali glanced over his shoulder to you, "dad we're not lovebirds." She looks back at him, swallowing the lump in her throat.

Adverting your attention back towards the chair where Johnny was sitting, he was nowhere to be found.

"May I have this dance?" He wonders while holding out his hand towards you from your left making you jump a little, this made your lips break into a smile. "Of course, you can."

He grinned pulling you by the waist closer to him, as your arms wrap around his neck bringing him into a hug your chests press together.

"You look beautiful," Johnny said into your neck as he laughed against your skin, this made you giggle and squirm under his touch. "You don't look too bad yourself, Johnny." You pull apart and stare into his eyes.

He looks over your head behind you, a small smirk across his face which caused you to turn your head to try and see what Johnny was glancing at, but he prohibits it by grabbing your face and bringing your lips towards his as he brushes them together, then sealing the gap.

You felt yourself go limp in his grasp, wanting it to last forever until the loud commotion of plates being shattered makes you to pull away and look.

You see Daniel, laying on the floor in the kitchen area of the country club: he was covered in spaghetti and marinara sauce all over his torso, this had sent everyone in the room into a laughing fit.

You turn to see Johnny holding back his laughter as he grimaced, looking over at you he frowns taking notice that you weren't happy at all.

"I'm sorry, duchess it was funny." He protests, you peek back over to see Daniel already leaving as Ali walks over and slapped Johnny. "Why would you do that!" She yells at him, he looks at her confused "do what?" He smirked.

"I saw how you looked over at Daniel then kiss his friend," she turns to you, "I thought you weren't into Johnny. We trusted you."

"I'm not!" You bluff, but she didn't buy it. "I should've known, you went up to the hang-out spot with them the night I went on a date to Golf 'N Stuff with Daniel."