|04| Avoidance

"Have you spoken to Daniel?" Ali was worrisome over the boy, you shrug as you've noticed his absence with you all this first and now the second month of school. "Nope, not since the cafeteria incident." You answered carelessly shuffling your feet across the concrete.

"He got mad at me because I tried to tell him to deal with things head-on, I hope he's alright." She tells you.

About Johnny tormenting him constantly? The poor kid is probably terrified to approach any of us now. Johnny is ruthless, and I've been trying to get him to back off of Daniel but he just doesn't stop. Your eyes were locked, musing at the school's courtyard in deep thought.

"Do you think he's alright?"

With a laugh, you turn your head to Ali and spoke aloud your reply. "Well, if he's gonna get mad at that then I suggest you just let him be." Advising her as you both walk towards class, Ali stops when Barbara approaches you two and began speaking to her.

"We gotta go to the gymnasium and help decorate for the Halloween school dance." Barbara talks as she only looks at Ali.

You kept walking as it didn't involve your help, you peer ahead of you spotting Daniel leaving one of his classes. He notices you then begins to run back into the room, now curious as to why he ran off you follow him where he went.

"Daniel, wait up." You call out to him, - he stops in his tracks letting you catch up and faces you. "Hey, what's up.." he mutters your name.

Stopping in front of him you talk, "You avoiding us for a reason?" asking quietly, "it's been well over a month, and I've barely seen you. Everything alright?" Becoming worried as you continued, only to have Daniel shake his head. "I just didn't wanna cause any more trouble, Johnny told me to stay away from you."

You felt the heat rise in your face, anger towards Johnny bubbles up inside of you. "He said what?"

It's starting to all make sense, he HAS been doing shit to Daniel still. That asshole made me a promise and broke it.

"Look, I gotta go. Just tell Ali I'm not mad at her, alright?" He pushes past you to run out of the room, you follow still determined to finish the conversation. "Daniel, wait-"

"Just get off of my case!" He shouted over his shoulder before disappearing into the sea of high school students. "Okay, whatever.." you mumble turning around to head towards your class.

Fuck. You stop in front of the one person you are not happy with right now.

"Hey, duchess," Johnny smirks with a sweet gesture to put his arm around you, but your reaction threw them off. "Why'd you tell Daniel to avoid me!"

Johnny eye-rolls with a scoff, "why do you care? He's a wimp and a loser."

"He's my friend, Johnny." You snap walking away you make sure he doesn't follow. "Stop harassing him too, you lied about the deal."

But as you predicted, Johnny didn't budge to let you leave so soon. "Where are you going?"

"To class, Johnny." You glare at him as you stop, he sighs. "Can we at least talk?"

"Isn't that what we're doing right now?" The sass was evident in your tone, this made Johnny visibly upset as he stepped forward. "You know what I mean." His voice was low only for you to hear him.

Eye-rolling at him, you look down at your nail beds. "Whatever, Johnny. When we talk it does nothing." You grumble stepping away and gazing up at him, Bobby decided to chime in. "Daniel was the one who was trying to get in the way."

This left you confused, "in the way of what?" Your eyes flicker between the guys as you tilt your head to the side.

Bobby and Johnny shared a glance, by the looks of it Bobby wasn't supposed to blurt that out - but he did.