|06| Deep Conversations

Ali and Daniel were now inseparable, you had been hanging out with them too but they went on a date tonight, so you asked Barbara and Susan to hang with you tonight instead.

"We're gonna have so much fun!" Barbara squeals as you three waited at her house, your eyes watch out the window until the familiar red convertible pulls up.

"Are you kidding?" You murmur as the girls ignore your complaints when leaving her house to the car.

"Hi, Tommy!" Barbara gets in the back with him and Susan follows behind. You see as there were no more seats left, "well, looks like I'll just head home!" You enthusiastically smile while taking a step away from the car.

"Oh, come on!" Susan says your name, "get in and sit between Dutch and Johnny."

Johnny looks over at you, this made you press your lips a thin line then gnaw on your bottom one. "Fine, but on the way back I get my own seat."

"On Johnny's lap." Dutch teased while you climb in over the seat sitting down on the armrest between Dutch and Johnny, you sigh and look at him before turning your head away in the opposite direction.

"You can put your arm around my shoulders to keep yourself steady." He offers to you quietly, not making much eye contact as he was probably feeling guilty from the past few weeks.

"Yeah, whatever Johnny." You mumble trying to adjust yourself above the uncomfortable 'seat' below you.

The girls converse with Tommy and Dutch, as you were sitting quietly beside Johnny his arm pressed against your upper thigh.

He hit a rough patch abruptly making you wince; perhaps a pothole the road, you thinking it was deliberately when he was already reaching for you when your hand simultaneously grabs his arm.

"Woah, careful there." He sarcastically said with a light chuckle, you eye-roll at him and look up to notice he's pulling into the Golf 'N Stuff parking lot.

Your eyes glimpse over to movement within your peripheral vision and happen to spot Daniel and Ali facing away from you guys walking together, Johnny slows down as Susan and Barbara request him to do so since they saw them too.

"Hey, Ali! How's it going?" Tommy yells to Ali, she waved with a smile as she came to a stop and stood there.

"Hi, guys." She held a grip on Daniel's arm as she peers into the car: her eyes meet yours.

You gulp back the lump in your throat, giving a half-suppressed laugh you fake a bright smile, "hey."

"How are you doing?"

"Want to come with us?"

The girls both ask eagerly. They whine when Ali declines their offer, "No, I don't think so. You guys have a good time." She looks mostly at you, her eyes full of disappointment.

She always would expect this type of shady stuff from Barbara and Susan, but you? She didn't know what to think.

You give an eye-roll and point to Johnny pretending to gag, her face softens as she realizes you were pulled into this by Susan and Barbara.

"We'll make room!" Tommy bargains but Ali stood her ground, "I'll call you tomorrow." She looks at Susan and Barbara.

A lady interjects when she pulls up in an older-looking car, she had a wide sweet smile on as she stopped beside Johnny's vehicle.

"Your little friend can come," then Johnny said, "if it's okay with his mommy." He snarks towards the lady, leaning on his car door he still held onto you.

"Hi, kids." Whom you assume is Daniel's mom says in response, she still held her heartwarming smile which made you feel bad for her.

Tommy chortles as he began to speak, "Hey, Mommy, can Daniel come for a ride?"