|07| Like a Date

You, Ali and Daniel had been playing soccer today during school. Recently, Ali had been improving with her skills with the ball, she impressed you and Daniel after getting a goal in the net.

"Not bad!" You cheer her on, patting her back she smiles confidently.

"Yeah, definitely varsity material." Daniel jokes from your left, you and Ali giggle. "I know you let me." She says to him.

"Ah," Daniel shrugs "hey, you know I was going to call you about trying that slide Friday night, you up for it?" He says to Ali, you furrow your brows listening to them.

"Yeah!" She beams happily.

"Great! I'll pick you up by about 7?"

Ali began to frown as he remembered something, "Oh, uh, I'm having dinner with my parents at the country club, but I'll be done by 9:30. Meet me out front?"

Daniel raises a brow, "is that cool?"

"Yeah." She assures with a pat on his shoulder blade.

A random guy starts yelling Johnny's name over the conversation, you all turn your heads to see him already staring over at you.

"What's the matter?" Ali looks at Daniel again, he replies waving his arms around. "oh, I'm just hearing that little voice again"

Ali backs up on her heels, "Yeah? Pretend your deaf."

He nods, as she continues "Encino Oaks country club. 9:30."

"You'll be there too, right?" She looks at you saying your name, you remember Bobby's dad also has your family go there for dinners too.

"Yeah! I'll be there, see you, Ali."

She turns around and almost trips on the soccer ball below her, you hear Johnny get called 'butter-toes' as he mocks Ali. "Hi, Ali." He snickers.

"Hi, Ali." She matches his energy with an annoyed tone before leaving you with Daniel.

"I got to be nuts." Daniel mutters, causing you let out a small laugh "It'll be fine, Daniel. She's super sweet."

"Can you do me a favour?" Daniel turns to you, your mouth opens to speak to him, at the same time Johnny comes over with a wide grin. "Hey, how's my girl doing?"

He wraps an arm around you like you're his. "I'm okay? What's up Johnny." You nervously chuckle then mouth 'help me' towards Daniel.

Daniel glanced to the side, eye-rolling as he puffed out his cheeks. "I gotta go, see you later?"

"Definitely!" You smile waving to him, Johnny looks down at you. "What was that all about?" He sneers while squinting.

"Someone's jealous?" You cooed but that only made him groan out in annoyance, "why wouldn't I be?"

"why would you call me your girl?"

"Because I can."

You couldn't argue with that, he pulls his arm off of you when Bobby calls out to him. "Hey, lovebirds get back on the field!"

Your first thought was to say you two aren't in love, however, being with Johnny is the first time you've ever had that sinking feeling. - A desire to be with him all the time, like you're drawn to his body constantly. You'd never like to admit it, but you wouldn't deny it either.

"Ouch." You hiss out in pain at the ball that flew at your head, looking over to where it came from you see a group of random boys snickering.

"Oh my god, you okay?" Jimmy and Tommy rush over to you, with a nod and diverting your attention to Johnny who was flouncing over towards the boys.