|03| Try Outs

You were heading towards the field for soccer tryouts when the first day of school was finally over, deciding to give soccer another try after the beach incident when finding out that you never lost your skills, it encouraged you to join the team again.

Where am I supposed to go?

As you scan the crowds of people before you arrive to the field, you suddenly spot Daniel standing alone with a soccer ball.

"Hey!" You approach him, he looks over at you with a weak smile. "Hey."

Noticing his black eye you grimace at him, feeling empathy for his bruise. "Ouch, sorry about your eye."

"It's fine, I'm more sorry about your boyfriend."

Your eyebrows knit together, puzzled by his statement you speak. "Bobby is my stepbrother." You confirm to him.

"No," Daniel began, "The king of karate."

"Johnny?" You guess in disbelief, he nods gulping the lump that was in his throat, "unless he isn't, if so you should probably tell him that."

You gnaw at the bottom of your lip, looking down at the ground. "Well, it's nothing romantic. Just friends since freshman year." You state glimpsing back up at him with a sheepish face expression.

"Could've fooled me." He soughs with a small smile, "you two argued like a couple last night, and he's super protective of you. I barely had to do anything for him to lunge at me."

You giggle at the boy's words, a dopey smile plastered across your lips as you and Daniel held a gaze. "You're all right, Daniel."

His eyes widen as he looks at you like you've just punched someone, "how do you know my name?" He curiously asked, your shoulders nonchalantly shrug. "Heard someone say it at the beach last night."

"Oh, that makes sense." He eased up, "you got a name?"

You told it to him, this made Daniel smile brightly as he compliments it. "Pretty name. Matches your face."

You felt your cheeks pink, looking at him still with your gaze in awe you nod, "thank you, your name isn't half bad either. Where are you from? I haven't seen you here before."

"New Jersey, but.."

He was cut off by the coach blowing the whistle, telling you to get into the group you leave Daniel after saying goodbye and walk over towards the crowd of students.

"Oh, look who it is!"

"Shut up, Bobby."

You slap your brother's chest with the back part of your hand, he only lets out a tittering laugh while glancing over behind you. This made your head turn and see Johnny, he had mouthed something to Bobby whilst sliding his hand across his throat.

You divert your attention and see Bobby with his tongue out doing a hand gesture, he held a devilish smirk across his lips while gazing at Daniel that was now concentrated on the soccer ball he has.

"Don't you fucking dare." You warned Bobby, catching on to what he was going to do he groans at you. "Remember, I can tell mom."

"She's not your mom, she's mine. Now shut the fuck up." You hiss bitterly disappointed at Bobby, your hand slaps him again this time harder he shakes his head before sneering, "watch me."

You shove him but he doesn't react, taking his eyes off of you he started to play soccer with the rest of the students. You and Tommy watch him, as he came closer to Daniel.

"He's gonna trip him!" Tommy giggled to your left, you look over at him with raised brows. "Come on, Tommy what're you five years old!"

"No."