|05| Halloween Dance

Soft music played through the gym, it was now the Halloween dance and you had shown up later than usual without a costume on.

"What're you suppose to be?" Bobby asks when approaching you, he and the boys had skeleton onesies on.

You take notice that Johnny isn't with them, but you didn't really care as you've been getting mad at him a lot recently.

"Myself." You remark grinning proudly at the guys causing Bobby to chuckle, "why would you go as yourself?"

"Why would you match in skeleton onesies like a couple with your friends?" You shot back, Bobby shrugged with a small frown. "because we can."

"You want me to wear a homemade costume and look ridiculous? I didn't even think of the dance until the last minute." You retort folding your arms over your chest scanning the room.

"Yeah, OK." Bobby left you and went to the bathroom, you watch as only one of the guys went inside as the rest waited.

"Hey!" Ali beams as she pulls you onto the dance floor with her, Barbara and Susan. "Come and dance with us!"

"Okay." You smile moving your feet to the beat of the song, she twirls and notices a big red shower curtain with white polka dots in the middle of the crowd. "Look! It's Daniel."

Oh shit, I forgot to tell her he isn't mad anymore.

"How do you know?" You wonder with your brows furrowed, she shakes her head with a wide smile. "I just know it is." She confidently said while walking off and leaving you three.

"I don't know what she sees in him," Barbara sighs as she watched Ali leave, "she must be into fungus." Susan bluntly said with an arrogant scoff.

"Oh, stop it. He's not that bad."

"Well he isn't good either." Susan argues while looking at you, "he's from Reseda."

This made your eyes narrow into slits, "what does him being from Reseda got to do with anything, Susan?" You question her wanting to know.

Barbara's eyes flicker between the two of you as she observes the argument, she isn't really the type to get involved.

Susan utters a noise before answering, "He's a poor person! A bum, a dweeb, a weirdo." She protests over exaggerating the last word, a scoff of disbelief utters from you, "you're so ignorant half of the time, it baffles me that we're somehow friends."

The girls stay silent as you watch Daniel get an egg thrown at him, the guy who threw it wore a chicken suit that covers him head to toe.

Daniel went towards the bathroom, and Ali came back to you guys as she giggles "Daniel just got egged! Did you see?" She smiles asking you girls.

Nodding your head you reply, "yeah, I mean he didn't even freak out, I expected him to lose his cool."

Ali's smile fell, as she flatly responded. "well he isn't Johnny, that's why."

"Hmm."

She isn't wrong.

"I like your costume." Susan sarcastically said playing with the sleeves of your sweater, you eye-roll and laugh. "It's great isn't it?" You reply in the same tone.

"I'm still wondering why you chose to be yourself" Ali comments as she also reached for your sweater sleeve, plucking at the soft fabric while speaking, "I mean you could've been Spider-Man or something."

"Well, I enjoy being my spooky self." You reply with a nonchalant smile, "it's a very scary costume."

The girls giggle, looking around the gym Barbara speaks. "What should we do now?"