eight

This Is What Makes Us Girls - Lana Del Rey

August 9, 2021

Once Harry pried his cell phone from my hand, everything happened so fast. He bolted out of the door, I watched him drive off, Vivianne woke up and was greeted with the same mess that I was, and Niall delivered a coping mechanism in the shape of tall flute glasses and citrus champagne.

We surrounded the kitchen island, pouring and repouring glasses that contain 99 percent alcohol and 1 percent juice. Niall and Viv relive the night before, their skin buzzing to get back on stage.

"It just felt electrified." Vivi let out a satisfied sigh.

Her brother nodded. "Yeah, if you lit a match, the room would have exploded."

Vivianne pointed a stern finger in my face, but her eyes drooped a bit. "You're coming next week, right?"

She tried to seem intimidating, but the way her finger slowly lost shape and her words slurred together made me just chuckle and shake my head.

"Of course I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"You said that last time." She whined.

A knock on the door saved me from any more guilt from Viv. I waved at them to refill my glass once more as I opened our front door. Niall made a face, and I let out a laugh, which halted once I saw who was standing on the other side.

Three small, brittle, older women stood there, hands carrying buckets and supplies.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

The shortest of the bunch smiled before she spoke. Her coarse jet-black hair was pulled back into a slick bun.

"Mr. Styles sent us to clean your flat."

My brows kissed in the middle of my forehead. I shot a look back over my shoulder, V and Ni both have the same expression as me.

"Mr. Styles?" I repeated, slower than her.

In unison, the three ladies nodded once, somewhat robotic. The front runner spoke up again.

"Yes ma'am. I am Mary, and this is Lorine and Nan."

Over her shoulder, Lorine's chin lifted. "Mr. Styles wished us to tell Vivianne that he apologizes for leaving his mess this morning."

My ears became hot, hot, red hot. Even when he isn't around, Harry still grinds my gears and makes his way under my skin.

Yes, yes, Harry, send all of your apologies to Vivianne, who was sound asleep through your whole temper tantrum over a silly piece of metal, while I found it in my room.

I haven't even had time to think about why it was in there in the first place.

I didn't realize that I was standing there, my jaw clenching and unclenching until Nan snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Ma'am? Are you Vivianne?"

I shook my head, scoffing. "No."

"Are you Alice?"

I refurrowed my brows. "Yes..." I dragged out.

"Well," she said. "Then this is for you."

Nan held up a white envelope, extending her arm out to me. I see the messy handwriting on the front, my name scribbled there like whoever wrote it was in a rush as always.

"It was sitting on your door mat when we arrived." Mary spoke.

I slowly took it from Nan's slender, wrinkled fingers that are painted with chipped maroon nail polish.

Robbers // H.S.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara