Birthday boy <3

Tre, Mike and I waited impatiently in front of Billie's front door, waiting for him to open it after Mike had knocked so loudly.

Granted, it was ten in the morning and knowing Billie he might've still have been asleep when we arrived. But after Mikes loud knocking I assume he was about to open the door any second now grumpy.

And like I'd guessed when the door cracked open Billie had a scowl across his face. Squinting his eyes slightly at the sun behind us.

"Happy birthday!" Tre screamed from behind Mike and me, making me flinch.

Billie grunted, yet Tre ignored pushing in between Mike and I as he yanked on the string of the cheap party hats we picked up on our way over and landed the hat on Billie's head releasing the string.

Billie winced at the string hitting his chin as Tre let himself in and Mike and I followed.

"What time is it?" Billie grunted, shutting the door as he followed where we heading.

We got to Billies empty kitchen where Mike placed the pack of beers down and I put the boxed cake beside.

"Ten in the morning," I answered, spinning around seeing Billie enter the kitchen.

"You guys ruined my late morning then,"

"Cheer up birthday boy," Mike instructed before pulling a beer out from the pack. Offering it over to him. "Birthday beer?"

"It's ten in the morning, Mike,"

"Well it's your birthday, so the after one o'clock rule doesn't matter today,"

Billie rolled his eyes taking the beer from Mike before making his way over to the kitchen table and pulling himself out a seat, as the wooden legs of the chair squeaked against the kitchen floor. "I told you guys not to make a big hullabaloo about my birthday," He looked over at the three of us cracking his beer open.

"We only got cake, beers and party hats," I defended smiling.

"C'mon, can't you be cheery for one day?" Tre asked with an annoying smile, joining Billie at the kitchen table. "I like the extra touch of the birthday hats, they're stylish,"

They weren't anything special, just cone shapes with string. Mike had a red one on, Billie's was blue, Tre's was green and mine was yellow. Tre demanded we all have different colours, so it's a good thing the pack only came with four colour options.

"They're uncomfortable," Billie grimaced, pulling the string of the hat from under his chin stretching it out before he let it go again and it bounced back on his chin. "Ow,"

"They're hats birthday boy, hats for you," Mike smiled with his beer in hand.

Billie quickly pointed a finger at Mikes beer. "Hey- you can't drink,"

"And why not?"

"It's ten in the morning?"

"It's your birthday, that's an excuse,"

"Yeah, an excuse for me. Not you buddy,"

"Aww come on Beej, be nice." I cooed taking my own seat at the table whilst Mike did the same.

"You guys woke me up," He reminded. "On my birthday too,"

"Well as much as we're sorry, not sorry for ruining your beauty sleep, we got you a cake and some beers. So I think that should make up for it," Tre told him.

"I told you guys, I don't care about my birthday,"

I didn't exactly know why Billie disliked his birthday so much. I don't even know if there's a good reason for it. But for as long as I can remember he's asked us not to cause a fuss on the seventeenth of February, and I mean every year we've ignored.