FWB <3

"I can't believe you," I breathed out squeezing the bridge of my nose, containing and suppressing all my anger in me just to know for a moment in time it would all explode out of me.

Billie looked over at me with the worst look possible. Like he was surprised I was angry at him. "What was I suppose to say!?"

Billie and I had been best friends for a while now. Me, him, Tre and Mike. Just, keep that in mind for a second.

We stood in his empty house after hanging out with our two friends, tension gone bad. I looked over at him and shook my head at his question.

"I don't get what I did wrong," Billie mumbled, crossing his arms.

"You just told Mike and Tre I'm only your friend with benefits!"

Yes, so like I said. Billie and I had been best friends for a while now. But recently? We'd been friends with 'benefits' or whatever you say.

"I didn't tell them you were!" He defended. "They knew I'm seeing someone, I just told them that the person I'm seeing is just a one night stand I call up sometimes!"

"The person you're seeing is me!"

"I know that! But they don't!?"

Shaking my head again, I looked down at the floor. "For fuck sake,"

"I don't understand why you're angry,"

"You said I'm just your friend with benefits!"

He opened his mouth so confused nothing came out. His hands up in a questionable manner like what I said proved my own point. "You are!?"

"That's all you see me as!?"

I should've quit while I was ahead. I should've bit my tongue. Or better yet I should've swallowed it. Because Billie looked over at me, this look in his eyes as he walked closer to me. Trying to understand the words I wasn't yet to say.

"Y'know you're not just that," he spoke. Voice so gentle, it hurt. "You're my friend too, my friend first. But... why do I get that's not what you meant?"

I stayed silent. Really wishing I'd of done that before.

"Hello?"

I finally looked up at him. Swallowing once more. "Yeah?"

"Am I missing something?" He squinted at me, but his eyebrows weren't furrowed. Like he was just trying to figure me out and only that.

"Y'know what? Yes. Billie Joe you are,"

And he was about to figure out more than he bargained for. "What's that?"

"I don't wanna be friends with benefits with you. I don't want you to see me as the person you text when you're alone. I wanna be the one you call when you feel lonely. The person you call up because you wanna hang out with me- not for sex! I wanna be everything with you Billie I wanna hold your hand and go places- I don't wanna be just friends with benefits with you,"

He looked at me wide eyed. Stood there silently staring at me. I definitely felt like I'd said too much now.

Before I could eat my words, tell him I didn't mean it or even just excuse myself from his house. He finally spoke.

"If you would of ever given me the chance, I would've happily been more than... than this with you,"

Although my heart was pounding and my blood was rushing around my head. I couldn't help but draw back a frown. "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

His smile was only half of one. He gave me a shrug of his shoulders like they were light and weightless. Before he whispered back to me. "You didn't ask,"

"But we've ended up in this position?"

"Being friends with benefits?" He asked me, lifting his eyebrows.

I nodded, still confused. But he carried on.

"The difference is you asked me to be friends with benefits. If you asked me at the same time- or at any time, to be your boyfriend. There would never of been a point actually I would've ever said no,"