guitars and drums <3

A/N: Yo. SO GUESS WHO DECIDED TO DO A ONE SHOTS BOOK. ME.

I have a book in my drafts called 'random chapters' that I use when I feel like writing something but it doesn't fit into a book. Or if I get the idea or I'm inspired my something. So I decided it'd be easy to do a one shots book.

In this way, I'll be able to give you guys content frequently since my updates on my books have become further away from each other as they were a while ago.

So- enjoy! And hopefully this will be easier to update. Thank you guys for giving this the chance to read! Lots of love <3 :D

Billie sat further upon his bed as I sat at the bottom, his acoustic guitar resting in my lap as I tried to figure out the next chord. My tongue slid out the corner of my mouth as I pressed down on the strings.

Once trying to strum again, I could feel Billie cringe from behind me when my string buzzed for a third time.

"I don't understand!" I grunted in confusion, shoving the guitar off my lap and pushing it over on the bed beside me. "I can't do it!"

"You can! You can- c'mere." I felt Billie shifting around on the bed behind me, until he budged up sitting beside me. Leaning over my lap, he picked back up the guitar from the other side of me and placed it in his. "You gotta press the strings down hard- but not too hard-! And when you do you-"

"-Billie," I breathed out, a slight laugh. "I'm not made to play this instrument,"

"Well- no ones made to play any instrument. That's why we learn,"

"I wanna be able to play it... but I just- I can't. I mean-" I picked my hand up from my lap, bending my fingers and flexing them. Staring back at my hand judgingly. "My fingers don't bend that way,"

"Fine-" Billie gave in, putting his hand over mine as he pushed it back down as it landed back over my thigh. His hand warm, still over mine. "-Well- there's a bunch of instruments out there. We'll find yours,"

"What If I don't have one Beej?"

"Nonsense-" That's when Billies fingers slipped through mine, he pushed the guitar off him with his spare hand pulling me up. "-C'mon."

He'd dragged me by hand out of his bedroom. Leading me eagerly down the stairs. I could barely keep up with him- at one point I worried I might've fallen. But I managed to keep up being dragged. Only to go down another set of stairs down to Billie's basement.

"Why are we down here?" I asked Billie confused, looking over the drum sets, guitars, amps and other things.

Billies hand was still holding mine. His fingers held on around my palm tightly. No intention seeming to let go.

He looked over at me with a smile. "What about drums?"

"You're meaning to tell me you want me to attempt to play Tres drums? He'll kill me!"

"He won't know!"

"And- what if- what if I break something?"

"Look- you'll be fine," He dropped my hand as it swung back to my side, making his way over to the drum set at the back. Billie picked up the two drum sticks that had been on the drums before attempting to pass them to me.

For a few silent seconds, I just stared at the two wooden sticks crossed over each other in his hand. Billie moved his hand over to me again before I took them with a groan.

"This is such a stupid idea, Billie." I grunted, walking over to and behind Tre's drums.

"You've got this- I'll help you out,"

I squinted at him confused as he followed behind me once I sat down behind the drums. "But you don't play the drums?"

"Doesn't mean I don't know how,"

"I don't know what I'm doing it's-"

"-C'mere."

The skin on my arms pricked up as Billie's arms wrapped over mine. Holding them guidingly, his chest pressed on my back as I felt his heartbeat. His breath in my ear and his chin on my shoulder.

"These two drums here-" He began, moving my hands over to lightly beat on the two front drums with the stick in my hand. "These are the high top and bottom top,"

"Okay... what about-" I moved my arm over to another drum. "This one?" I asked him, turning to see his face beside me. I mistook how close his face was to mine. For a second we both paused.

I could feel myself lightly blushing, billies eyes flickered away for a split second. "Snare drum," He whispered.

As much as I did and always appreciate Billies help. I knew myself I would never be able to fully master the talents of any instrument placed in my hands. Not like him.

So it could've been said, me looking in his eyes for a little bit longer may have been me avoiding hearing the names of the rest of the drum set.

"You already give up don't you," Billie realised at the moment.

"Billie," I whispered. A laugh escaped. "I don't even remember which drums the high or the medium one,"

He sighed letting go of my arms moving away.

"C'mon Beej-" I stood up quickly, dropping the drum sticks following him. "-There's no room for two people to master instruments in this relationship,"

His lips were pursed. Before he slipped a smile. "That's a bad excuse,"

"I don't mind being a face in a crowd watching you play," I tried to cheer up, walking over to him as I slid my arms underneath his, hugging his chest.

"I know you don't," Billie breathed out, hugging me back. His cheek resting on my head. "I just wanted you to-"

"-I'm not made to play music,"

"No ones made to-"

"-But you are," I told him, looking back up at him yet not pulling away. "You were made to play. I was made to listen. That's our dynamic duo,"

A/N: also open to requests :)