the bELIEVErS WoRDS UNSPOken

Why me, I wonder. No, I know why. We both know in the back of our minds why we were chosen.
Why was it me? I was the one who was different. Unable to understand or speak to my own species.
Why they chose me, It's quite obvious. I wasn't one of their own, though I tried my best to convince them different.
I wonder why God did this to me, an alien in a world of humans.
An alien looking for where they belong, looking for someone, anyone, to trust.
They turn their backs on me without a doubt.
I'm just an empty soul who believes maybe one day I will meet someone who will care.
Weeks go by, maybe even months, I'm not sure.
Locked away was my soul, hidden from view of the creatures beyond.
Is this a blessing or a curse? I can't tell.
They've almost given up on me. It seems nothing can get through to my empty mind, my thoughts leading astray from their own.
I stare silently at the bedroom who stares back with just as much passion.
My lone friend appears in a gift I was given when I was young.
They don't talk, and their face is devoid of emotion, but I like to believe they are happy in their world.
Unlike me in my own.
They appear often, situated across from my bed, upon the wall.
We mostly stare at one another, but sometimes, we'll touch the barrier that keeps us from one another.
Cool to the touch, I wish I could feel their warmth.
Today we were both dragged away by an adult. Their words get muddled in our brains. What are you saying?
Forced into a moving box, I was taken away from my family. Not that they mind. I wonder if they arranged this?
A large building appears from the hole in the box. I've never seen such a magnificent structure in my life.
I looked down at the gift which showed me my friend.
Liquid poured out from their eyes. Why is this happening? Why do you look so sad?
It wasn't until liquid dripped onto the gift that I realized that I too, had the same thing happening to me.
I quickly hid the evidence, knowing full well that the people who were sick got sent to a large building very far away from their family.
Shoved into a new room, I was met with the face of another being. Who are they?
They tried to speak to me, though I understood none of it.
It seemed they had given up on me, much like many others, and left the room which shrouded us. Come to think of it, where am I?
I shuddered with the simple thought that maybe I had actually been sent to the big building for sick people.
Surely not though, right? It's not like I was sick. I just can't understand the humans who surround me.
Maybe that's why then. Maybe these people are cruel enough on all aliens like myself, enough to send us here.
Checking my gift once more, I notice the surroundings around my friend.
Not you too.
Why did they have to choose us?
I can only assume a year has passed since I arrived here. They moved me to a smaller and more secluded room than before, with bars on the windows.
They took away my gift.
Alone I sit, for days on end. They feed me every six hours, excluding when I let the darkness consume me.
My only joy has been brought from the once a week trip to the interior gardens. Even though it's only for thirty minutes.
I wonder how my friend is doing? I'm beginning to forget what their face looks like.
I hope they are free from this place.
Maybe I can join them one day.
Today is different.
Everyone around me is running, rushing for some unknown reason. What's happening?
Lights litter the sky, like empty fireworks their sparks ignite everything that surrounds me.
I somehow made my way outside the building, pausing to feel the soft green spikes that protrude from the ground.
The moon lights my path, also shining down on the chaos around me.
I should look for my friend.
After twenty minutes of running and hiding from the spacecrafts that were sending beams of exploding light to the ground, I found a huge body of liquid.
Hesitantly, I peer over the edge of the murky, squishy floor that buried my feet.
My eyes meet the pair of another alien.
No. This alien was way too familiar to just be another one.
The eyes of my friend shone back at me, shaky stars shining behind them.
I touched the liquid that was a barrier between us both, finding that my arm slipped through without struggle.
This was much unlike the solid gift I had been given.
Perhaps this liquid was a way for me to join my friend in their realm. I remember reading in an old worn book about a child who accomplished the same feat, but instead of using a liquid, they used a rectangular box which reflected all that they saw.
This was a very likely solution to my problems.
Looking up to the sky, I wondered whether God had given me this gift on purpose,
A way to transport me to the person who had never left my side all these years.
Slowly, I sunk into the liquid, letting it fill my body.
I will see you soon, my friend.

[2022-Made on a whim]