The Adventures of Fish 1 and Fish 2

The young fish couple worked hard at their farm, uprooting the groups of peanuts from the fertile ground. The female fish spoke up, "Robbi, wouldn't it be nice if we lived on Ethe?" The male fish looked up from his work. "Ethe? Isn't that Earth's twin planet?"  she nodded. "It's way too expensive. We're barely getting by as it is, Vicci."the male fish went back to work, leaving his wife frowning in disappointment.
    A few days went by and once again, they were working in the fields. Vicci confronted Robbi again, practically pleading with him. "Life on Ethe is so much better than here on Mac & Cheese! We could actually make a living instead of plowing away at peanuts!" her partner sighed deeply. "I've told you once and I'll tell you again, we do not have enough money to live on Ethe. What's so bad about our small town, Fishington?" he questioned her, trying to understand her desire to leave their humble life. "Look around, Robbi. Everything is bad about it! I want to go to the city, go shopping, and travel places. I don't want to waste my time doing labor for a measly few coins!!" emotions laced her voice and she swam off, hiding in the security of the house.
    Again, a few days went by. This time however, Robbi was wandering around town, selling their precious peanuts. Unfortunately, he had been left with extra peanuts, ones that were going to go bad soon. "Will anyone buy from me?" he called out, looking for anyone. He eventually came across an old looking fish on the side of the path. The old lady fish blindly swam closer to his voice. "Are you selling peanuts young man?" she questioned him. Robbie took note of her blindness. "Ah-Yes! The finest peanuts around. There is not a single peanut better than the ones I am selling!" he lied through his teeth. The old fish smiled waveringly. "Is that so? I only have a few coins left..but if it's enough for some of your fine peanuts, I will gladly spend the remaining days of my life eating them." she drawled out, looking happy to have found such a good deal. "Of course Ma'am. You can have the rest for your generosity." she smiled giddily and accepted the trade, going off on her way slowly.
    A week passed and the couple was confronted by a loud knock on their door. Once it had been opened, a young and beautiful witch stode in. "Are you the ones who sold me those decaying peanuts?'' She seemed to be thoroughly angry, showing no sympathy. Robbi spoke up for his wife, who was struck with terror. "No! We would never sell decaying peanuts." the witch looked at him, anger twisting her face. "I gave you your chance to repent, yet you lie to my face! I will now curse you for your dishonesty and prejudice!! Be warned that in three days, your fins will become long and disoriented and your body will become smooth and chubby. You will drown in water and you will have to clothe in fabric that will swallow you whole! Your dreams of living on Ethe are no more as long as this curse remains." With that, the witch disappeared.

[2021-Creative Writing]