Love (#2)

Love is an intricate topic. Unlike more simple emotions, love can be quite confusing, complex, and have many different meanings. Love is most commonly referred to as a word or expression used when describing one's emotions. This particular emotion is most commonly prevalent in relationships. Some examples being family, couples, or even just friends. All of these experience different forms of love. This brings up the question: What exactly is love?

Physical forms of love include relationships, physical affection, and to some people, gifts. Relationships contain love due to their natural meaning. Between two or more people, a relationship is a close bond. Bonds are created when people form a deep connection with one another. On the contrary, physical affection shows love by showcasing what one person is willing to do for someone else. Even simple things such as opening the door for someone or giving them a kiss on the cheek shows off physical affection. Finally is how you can see love in gifts. Gifts can be considered quite a broad term. They can range from the gift of a delicious meal to the gift of being there when someone is going through a rough time.

Non physical forms of love more so include thoughts and feelings. As opposed to more physical things like gifts or actions, non physical love affects the person experiencing the feeling. Some of the most cliche experiences might include having 'butterflies' in your stomach, being clumsy around the person, stuttering a lot, embarrassing yourself, blushing, and more. Most of these situations people who are experiencing love can be traced back to being nervous around that other person. Why would you be nervous? This can be explained in many ways, one of which being because you are attracted to things the other person does. Attraction can lead to noticing more things about that other person. Things they do that might cause you to want to be near them, to help them, or to just talk to them. Though most of the examples presented are often over dramatized, they do often happen, just in more reasonable forms.

Love is such a complex term that it really is difficult to put into words. So many people experience it in different ways and that's part of what makes it so hard to define clearly. The deep and raw emotions felt by only those who have truly felt it are practically indescribable, as they are one of a kind. In saying this, the examples given previously are the closest and most easy way to describe the word in a way that is understandable. Unlike other emotions such as anger or sadness, love is a very broad term that cannot be properly described with words. Love is easier explained when felt or seen. Such experiences can be from sibling members annoying you so they can see your smile, to playing board games around the kitchen table. Even the little things in your life can be signs of love.

[2021-Language and Composition]