Chapter 26

Guess who has writers block?

I was awoken to the sound of my communicator. After fumbling for a minute I picked it up.
"Hello?" I said groggily
"You sound tired."
"Don't state the obvious T'pring, it's illogical."
"What time is it there?"
"Uhh... 3 am, but then you always did call at strange times."
"How do the humans say it? Shut up?"
"I believe a response to that would be, No you?"
"Wow, you appear to be fluent in their vernacular."
"You appear to be sarcastic."
"You appear to be correct."
"Why did you call?"
"What's with you and Spock?"
"Was it my Mother or my Brother?"
"Sivak, now don't skirt around the question."
Oh for the love of the Forge...
"I'm not going to lie, we are in a romantic relationship, Although when I last talked to Sivak we were just friends. My brother was simply acting on an assumption. What did he say?"
"Oh nothing really, just 'Your aware that she is in a relationship with your husband?'" T'pring said bordely although everything she said came across that way.
"Where are you with this then?" I said after a short pause.
"Nowhere really, we've been planning the divorce for long enough. I don't keep Spock on a leash. He's free to do as he wants and I doubt I could be anywhere with this matter as you were so gracious about your own husband."
"It was logical." I said simply
"And so it's logical that you two have my blessing."
"How is he anyway?"
"Fine, nothing negative." She said nonchalantly
"And you?"
"Fine, yourself?"
"I'm perfectly good thanks."
"You know the new Loubiton collection?" T'pring said changing the subject
"Tell me more." I said.

Spock's POV.

"What happened with you and Uhura?"
"Nothing happened, and I resent your intervention." I said as I walked down the hall with the Captain.
"Come on Spock! Ask her out!" He urged.
"Did you consider that she wasn't the person I intended to ask out?" I stressed, desperately trying to keep my tone even.
"Well who was it?" He said in confusion, his brow furrowing. As much as I was annoyed with him I found it amusing to watch him have to constantly quicken his pace to keep up with me. Like it or not, I was far taller than the Captain.
"It was Esha."
"And how did it go? How does that work?"
"It went successfully and it works in the same way as any normal relationship." My eyes narrowing slightly
"Oh my god, so you two are dating?" He said surprised
"Yes, that's why I resent your intervention with Lieutenant Uhura."
"Well that god for that. If your not into her I can make a move!"
"What?"
"Come on Spock! The bro code! You can't mess with your friends love interest." Jim urged, as if I should know what he was talking about.
"I find that to be entirely illogical as..." I was cut off by Esha appearing.
"Nashuat t'hy'la. Hello Captian." Esha said passing us as she left her quarters.
"Hey, you should come get breakfast with us now you and Spock are dating, but please stop speaking Vulcan. I fell like I'm in my high school french exam again." Turning to face her as she breezed past us.
"He knows?" Esha said looking at me confused.
Holding my index and middle finger out, Esha reciprocated.

-I wanted him to stop trying to get me together with Uhura.
-So that's why she seems to resent you slightly?
-It is the most logical reason.
-We had to tell people at some point.

"Stop, this is so annoying." Jim cut in and we separated out fingers.
I ran my thumb over the place where her hands had just been.

Halfway through the meal, Esha's communicator sounded and she looked at the screen with almost annoyance.
"Two minuites." she said rising and walking away.
"T'pring told you?" I caught as she walked out of the room.

Esha's POV.

"Affirmative."
"So why are you calling me?" I said struggling to keep calm.
"Can I not call my wife?" He drawled.
"No Stonn, you can not."
"Forgive me for calling my wife when I find out she is with another man."
"That is complete hypocrisy. Considering your situation with T'pring you have no ground to stand on."
"My case is different."
"Your illogical."
"Pon Farr is coming T'aitlu."
"You are aware I'm claiming kal-if-fee if I do come back to Vulcan, which is something I have no intention of doing."
"You'll have to."
"I have a plan Stonn. Don't underestimate me."
"I've never underestimated you before."
"You stay with T'pring and I'll stay with Spock and we never have to marry each other, it's logic, I'm done talking." I said snapping shut the communicator and walking back into the mess hall.
Sliding into my seat next to Spock I payed little attention to the conversation.

I did have a plan, that wasn't a lie, but my plan was a horrible one doomed to failure. I just hoped to run away from my problems rather than face them. Although Kal-if-fee was always an option it would end in a death. Something I didn't want to do. Te most logical option would be to contact T'pring, she had been planning every aspect of her plans since she was bonded to Spock.