Chapter 20

I'm really dragging this aren't I? It feels like yesterday I started it! Special treat as it's chapter 20... And I came up with a majestic idea. Bc I've been dragging this out for ages it's getting ridiculous.

"Are you under any stress?" The doctor questioned.
"No, little to none." I answered truthfully.
"Is there anything out of the ordinary?" He said raising and eyebrow.

Yes, I'm experiencing uncharacteristic emotion.

"No." I said simply, or so I thought.
"You just lied." he said, sighing.
"Was it that bad?" I said dejectedly.
"You're the one who always said Vulcans can not lie." He shrugged. "I need to find out what's going on with you, full medical confidentiality applies."
"Emotion." I said blankly, all emotion gone from my voice.
"Go on?" He questioned resting his hand on his chin.
"I've been experiencing emotions that can't be solved by meditation."
"Like?"
"Happiness, anger, irritation, amusement; general emotions really, but sometimes I feel as if there's... A tingling in my stomach." I said raising an eyebrow.

"Is this when your around Spock?" The doctor laughed.
"Yes, what's so comical?"

"Your in love" he said failing to hold back another laugh. "And that pointy eared bastard cares a lot about you too"
"Pointy eared bastard?"
"Shit, forgot your Vulcan, anyway take before bed." He said passing me a packet of pills.

"What's the diagnosis?" Spock said walking down the corridor with me.
"Still nothing, he just wanted to give me these." I said holding up the box.
"Sleeping pills?"
"Uhuh" I said walking in to the lab.

Spock's POV

It was hopeless, I was completely, irrevocably and unconditionally in love with a woman who I very much doubt can feel emotion.

My communicator alerted me to a video transmission and I accepted stepping into my quarters.
I was there to meditate on a few things.

"Hey Spock! How's space?" My mother said, sunnily.
"Space is fine mother." I said stoically, sitting down in the bed.
"How's it going with the girlfriend?"
"Girlfriend?" I questioned, having made no prior mention of a girlfriend.
"The pretty blonde one?"
"Mother she's not my girlfriend"
"Well maybe you should ask her out."

After talking with my mother, I got up and headed back for the lab.
Opening the door and stepping in I saw Esha hunched over a table with her hair pulled back messily and in safety goggles.

And she was beautiful.

"You should put on a pair of safety googles, I've got a premonition that this will blow up." she said pointing over to the box of safety goggles.

Slipping a pair on, I sat and watched her. It probably appeared that I was watching her work but it was far from it.
I was watching the way her golden hair escaped it's ties, The striking blue of her eyes, Identical to earth skies.

As she was adding acid to her mix her hand slipped and the beaker exploded.
Getting splashed with formula we rushed toward the safety shower.

The one safety shower.

Standing under the cold -well cold to a Vulcan- water I looked down at Esha and found my self over come with the desire to kiss her.

So I did.

And I was surprised to feel her kissing me back.