028. the dream world is a cold place to be

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Yīnghuā's head was blurry and muddled. A thick fog had settled over her brain and everytime she tried to open her eyes it wouldn't work. Her eyelids were heavy as mountains and refused to open.

She was dully aware of the pain in her side. Barely aware of the ache her heart felt. All Yīnghuā could see in that empty void of a place was Wei Wuxian's horrified expression. His chilly fear and the immense guilt that shone in his grey eyes. The way his lips parted, and nothing came out. She could see his lips moving, hear muffled shouts and cries, but didn't understand what they were saying. 

'Don't give me that look,' she wanted to scold him. 'Do not look at me like that. I am not weak. I am not so frail that I will buckle from being stabbed.' Jiang Yīnghuā wanted nothing more than too yell at the man. Yell at him for being so stupid! So self-sacrificing! How could he look at her like that when he would gladly do the same? Thinking no one would care? 

And most of all, she just wanted to hug him. Hold him in her arms and tell him everything was going to be okay. That it was okay for him to ask for help. It was okay for him to hate how everyone had treated him.

Yīnghuā didn't want him to feel guilty for the way their sister died. She didn't want him to blame himself for her death. Yanli had chosen to do it. She had chosen to give up her life knowing Wei Wuxian needed to survive more.

Yīnghuā didn't want her being stabbed to be a repeat of that fateful night. She didn't want to die, knowing Wei Wuxian would blame himself. She didn't want to go seeing how grief stricken and guilty Jin Ling had looked after realizing what he had just done. She didn't want to die knowing she never got to see her children's faces again one last time or kissed them on their foreheads, hugging them close, or tell them she loved them. Most importantly, Yīnghuā didn't want to even think how Lan Xichen would react if he found out she died.

He would murder Wei Wuxian even if he made his younger brother the happiest man in the world.

And so she fought, just like always. She fought every second. Every second she got, Yīnghuā fought to open her eyes. To see the world once again. And maybe, just maybe, finally settle things with her brothers.

'A-Xian please just wait a little longer... I'm trying my best..'

Jiang Yīnghuā decided the first thing she would do was punch both Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng before scolding them, tugging at they're ears like old times and swinging punches at the backs of they're heads before finally pulling them both into a tight embrace.

'Huan... A-Cheng... A-Xian...'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

° Facts °

✿ Its short 🙃

✿ Author-san apologies 🤷

✿ There may be a cute scene between Yīnghuā, Jiang Cheng, and Wei Wuxian :D