025. S-Shijie?! A-A-Hua?!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Before he even finished talking, dozens of sword glares shot toward Wei Wuxian.

Lan Wangji blocked off all of the attacks. Bichen threw some people to the side to make out an unobstructed path for them.

"Wangji!" Lan Xichen shouted, concerned. 

A few of the Clan Lleaders who had keeled over from Bichen's cold energy were fuming. "Hanguang Jun! You..."

"..Wangji.." Jiang Yīnghuā spoke softly. She did nothing to stop them from leaving but also did nothing to stop them from getting attacked. 'Your on your own now..' She thought sadly. 'Once you leave this room..' 

Wei Wuxian didn't even say one unnecessary word. Pressing his right hand on the window lattice, his body lightly flipped outside. As soon as he landed, he began to sprint. Suddenly, somebody came from behind him. It was Lan Wangji, who had followed him without speaking a word. 

Wei Wuxian's reputation had always been terrible, so it wasn't his first time in such a situation. This life, his mindset was different from when he was in his past life. He could already face these situations calmly. He should get away first. There might be a chance of a counterattack in the days to come. He wouldn't push it even if no such chance came. If he stayed, all that would come out of it were more than hundreds of slashes from the swords. Saying that he was actually innocent was even more of a joke. Everyone believed with utmost certainty that he'd return to seek revenge sometime in the future. Having destroyed countless clans, nobody would listen to his explanation, especially when Jin Guangyao would be there fanning the flames. Lan Wangji, though, was different from him. He wouldn't even have to explain, and people would explain for him, such as how Hanguang Jun had been deceived by the Yiling Patriarch.

"Hanguang Jun, you don't have to follow me!" Wei Wuxian shouted, desperate not to drag anyone else down with him this time. 

Lan Wangji looked straight in front of him, saying nothing in reply. The two left behind them a crowd of cultivators shouting to kill. Amid the chaos, Wei Wuxian spoke again, "You really want to go with me? Think carefully. After you walk out this door, your reputation will be destroyed!"

The two had already dashed down the steps of Koi Tower. Lan Wangji grabbed his wrist, as though he was about to speak. Yet, suddenly, a white light flashed before their eyes. Jin Ling stopped them in their tracks.

Seeing that it was Jin Ling, Wei Wuxian let out a sigh of relief. Just as the two were about to go around him, Jin Ling slashed his sword and blocked their way again. "You're Wei Ying?!" He gritted. 

His expression was a in a disarray. There was anger, there was hatred, there was doubt, there was hesitation, there was distress. "You really are Wei Ying, Wei Wuxian?" He shouted again, voice straining.