02. hot older brother

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Jiang Yīnghuā watched the two men talk. She didn't mean to eavesdrop but she couldn't help it and she didn't know how to walk up to them without interrupting. She was afraid that she may break some rules. Wei Wuxian had yet to return and she volunteered to go out and look for him even though she probably shouldn't have because now she is lost. 'Why must this place be so big! Stupid A-Xian!' She pouted and focused on smoothing out her new clothes that they were given upon entering Cloud Recesses. She blocked out the conversation that the two Lans were having and focused on fixing herself up. 

She smoothed out her white and purple hanfu and fixed her hair. She stopped playing with her hair and looked down at it. She stared at it for the longest time before a voice snapped her out of her thoughts. "Hello, may I help you?" She jumped. Her face slowly became red. 

She stepped out of her hiding spot behind one of the large posts and into the moon light

She stepped out of her hiding spot behind one of the large posts and into the moon light. "I-I'm sorry for eavesdropping.. well not really-wait no! I'm sorry I eavesdropped but I wasn't really eavesdropping because I didn't hear what you said.. so does that count as eavesdropping?" She quickly rambled on before she covered her mouth with her hands. "I-i'm sorry.." She muttered. The male before her just smiled gently. 

"Its okay. What are you doing out so late? Do you know the rule of all disciples must be in bed by 9pm?" She flushed. "I-I didn't know that.. I was just looking for my brother.. He hadn't returned yet..." 

"Whats your name?" 

"Its rude to ask someone there name without even telling your own." She quickly replied and then bowed. "Sorry.. my temper got out of hand" He helped her out of her bowing position. 'No man will want to marry a women with such a temper.' She thought about the words that she had heard everyday before she was adopted by the Jiang clan. "Now now. No need for that and it's fine. I think that it adds character." She looked away shyly. 'He's the first to say that..' 

"I am Lan Xichen." He bowed. 'Oh no.. I ran into the Zewu-Jun..' She bowed back at him. "I'm Jiang Yīnghuā." 

They both stopped bowing. "Have you seen my brother? His name is Wei Wuxian. He has black hair and misty grey eyes and is about this height." She described her brother to Lan Xichen. He nodded. "Yes. He was caught by my younger brother, Lan Wangji, drinking liquor." Her eyes widened slightly and she muttered something under her breathe. "T-Thank you! Do you know where he is now?"