Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter Twenty-Nine.

Start from the beginning

            I sat there for a moment, just letting my tears fall and fall. Trying to figure out when my mother and I grew so apart? When we became these two separate species and how deep inside it killed me that we were like this.

            I wanted my mom, I wanted to be close to her, have secrets with her, and have that mother and daughter bond. It was impossible though. My cries turned into sobs, as I laid my head on the steering wheel. I couldn’t move, my legs couldn’t function and I didn’t know what to do.

            I sat there for hours, crying and crying until I had no more tears left and the darkness swallowed my car with its shadows. There was a knock on my window, and I jumped about five feet into the air. “Raine?” Wesley’s voice asked.

            I took a deep breath, and unlocked my car. He slid into the passenger seat, and we sat there in silence. “Heard you and mom got into another fight?” he asked, and I sniffled.

            “How did you know?” I asked, looking at him confused.

            “Your eyes are red. Moms drinking that wine as if it was going extinct tomorrow, it’s kind of easy to guess” he said, and I just shook my head.

            “What do I do that’s so wrong?” I asked, and he sighed.

            “You rebelled. Pretty much that’s all you got to do” he said it so simply, and it had me staring at him dumb founded. “What? Mom lives in this perfect world, and you wrecked it by being you. Which isn’t a bad thing” he said the last part quickly.

            I just sighed, “I just want her to accept me for me” I said softly and he just nodded his head lightly yes.

            I sat with him for few minutes, just sitting perfectly silent. “I know you like Zane a lot, but maybe, just maybe you should forget about him” Wes said, and I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder.

            I wasn’t like this with Zane, not this close, but it was nice. Nice bonding with him, “Maybe your right” I whispered, after a few more minutes he got out and I said I would see him tomorrow. I then drove back to Natalie’s. She and Quinn were on the couch, and I fell down next to him.

            Natalie smiled at me, and Quinn gave me a side hug. I knew he heard about the fight, my mother probably moped to him over the phone, and it was nice this silence. We watched movies, and I fell asleep in the middle of one. I woke up in my bed though, the sheets tucked around me and I just laid there.

            Replaying Wesley’s words in my head, ‘Maybe, Just maybe you should forget him’ as much as I hated for my mom to win, and to take Wesley’s advice…but it was the truth. I could send him a simple text, but what would that do?

            I couldn’t have a relationship with him, the long distance wouldn’t work. That’s when I made my decision, laying there in the bed. I was done with Zane, as much as hurt. As much as I wanted to curl into a ball right now, and sob my eyes out. I didn’t. I climbed out of bed, and walked downstairs.

            “Hey Natalie” I greeted, as I grabbed a granola bar. She sat in the chair, a little pale which worried me. “What’s wrong?” I asked, kneeling down.

            “I… t-the baby is c-coming” she gasped out, as she bent over, crying out in pain. I froze and dropped my granola bar. “DON’T JUST STAND THERE!” she screamed, as her next contraction hit.

            I ran to the phone, and called Quinn. “What’s up?” he asked, as he answered the phone.

            “I think…” I began to say.