I Move

In celebration of my school finally ending, I decided to update! I can kiss schoolwork goodbye and hello Summer!!

Bella spent the whole day in La Push yesterday, meaning I avoided it at all costs. I even took Paul's patrol so I would have an excuse to not come to dinner at Emily's. It was the fourth day of Spring Break and Bella was in La Push more than me. But today, Billy was going to tell Charlie about my real parentage.

We sat at the table, Bily tapping his knee nervously. He opened his mouth to speak when I heard two long howls and a short one; Victoria. I snapped my head towards Billy and gave him a big thumbs up.

"I believe in you! If you chicken out I'll roll your wheelchair off a mountain," I teased, rushing outside and shifting.

Victoria is back! Snarled Paul.

We're pursuing her 20 miles from the Canadian border. Said Jared. I sprinted as fast as I could with the constant pictures Paul was sending the rest of the pack. I arrived first. I had never seen Victoria, having been instructed to stay with Emily when she was sighted. Sam was worried the vampire would get past the pack's defenses and kill his imprint and the rest of the town. So, I was usually the last line of defense.

I saw Paul go flying into a tree, not getting up. I rushed over to him, trusting the rest of the pack to handle Victoria.

Paul? I asked worriedly. He didn't respond. Oh my god please don't be dead. Seven seconds went by and he wasn't breathing. I began to panic before his chest began falling up and down steadily.

I thought you were dead! I yelled at him. YOU STOPPED BREATHING!

Well, I feel brand new. He said, rolling his shoulder blades back as fur rippled from the movement.

She's gone. We chased her to the Canadian border again. Said Sam. We all ran back together, all starving with the energy we'd burned.

"Billy told Charlie," I announced at dinner. Everyone was still, waiting to hear his reaction.

"Oh, I don't know how he reacted. I left before then," I said good-naturedly. Bella wasn't here which meant she must've been at Charlie's. I left Emily's soon after, rushing to get back.

Charlie was sitting at the table with his head in his hands.

"Charlie?" I asked tentatively. I'd never called him by his first name.

"Hey Carol," He said, his smile not reaching his eyes. "I admit, it was definitely a shock. But you can still live here if you want," he said, his voice turning into a whisper at the end. "Or go live with Billy too. That's alright,"

"I-I want to get to know them," I said.

He nodded, "I had a feeling you'd say that. Billy already took all of your boxes that you had packed up," I walked back up to my room, trailing the empty walls of the room that had been mine for eight months.

I took the keys to my motorcycle, taking one last look at the house before driving to my new home.

*****

"Hey Billy," I smiled. He smiled back, inviting me into my new home. 

"Hey, Carol!" shouted Jake, wrapping me in a hug that lifted me off my feet.

"Okay, okay. Put me down." I teased.

Billy wheeled into the living room, looking up at the two of us who were taller than average people our age. "You two going to Sam's?" he asked.

"Yeah!" I chirped. " Well, I am. I have patrol and Jake has a date with Isabella," I teased. He punched me in the arm playfully. I said goodbye to Billy before hopping on my motorcycle and driving over to Sam and Emily's. The drive was so much quicker I was ecstatic.

"Hey guys," I grinned, sitting at the table and grabbing a brownie. Emily raised her eyebrow at my happy nature. 

"What's got you so happy?" she asked mischievously. I paused for dramatic effect. Jared, Paul, Embry, and Sam all waited for my news as I took a bite of my brownie.

"Tell us!" shouted Embry, slapping me on the back as I leaned over, choking with laughter.

"Alright!" I laughed. "I moved in with Jacob and Billy." There was silence before everyone began congratulating me. 

"As great as this is," said Sam, glancing at me with a smile. "It's time for your patrol with me." I groaned dramatically as Paul laughed at my pain. Soon Sam and I shifted in the woods and ran together.

Congrats on moving. He said.

Thanks. I wolfishly grinned. We were forty minutes in before we both picked up the same scent again; Victoria. I howled two long ones and one short one. Minutes later the rest of the pack showed up. Sam and I were already after her but I was faster. Even if I was a bit smug about it.

That leech again! Growled Paul. 

She's still going after Bella. She's relentless! Complained Jacob.

Same old, same old. I said dryly. The scent was getting stronger and I skidded to a stop when a huge-ass tree launched itself at me. I hadn't even seen her yet! I ducked, growling threateningly. My Alpha's hackles were raised along with mine as Jared and Paul arrived. Jacob was still a good three minutes away, having to leave him and Bella's date. 

We need to catch her Sam! Said Embry angrily. I shook the dirt from the flying tree out of my fur. Suddenly Embry tipped painfully.

The bloodsucker got me! He panted as the gash in his side slowly healed. I suddenly had a thought,

If mosquitos drink blood, aren't vampires just like the evolved version? There was silence through the wolf telepathy before everyone began laughing even in our dire situation. I mean, think about it! I protested, eventually joining in. We were silenced though when I was knocked thirty feet and into a tree. I whimpered, shaking my head and slowly getting to my feet. Sam and the others were fighting Victoria, so fast she was a blur. Various wolves went flying in different directions until we were all struggling to our feet.

She punched me in the side of my head and I yowled, flying into another tree. Blood seeped into my eye as I spun around, trying to spot her. Then she appeared in front of me and I froze. Red hair, red eyes, the same malicious look. I had seen her before. She was the one that had killed Triston.