I Meet More French Vampires

A week later, Jake has succeeded in being able to shift back. Since he shifted, I'm allowed to hang out! We had a sleepover at Billy's again, this time watching a Fast & Furious movie. I fell asleep halfway through much to Jake's protests.

Bella was bawling her eyes out the other day because Jacob has 'mono' which is a complete and utter lie. I feel no remorse for her though. The vampires were her thing, but the wolves were mine. It was really nice not having to share something with Bella and it was all mine and none of her business.

Bella woke up early this morning, being incredibly loud. It was my day off with no patrols so I had decided to sleep in since it was Saturday but nooooo. Bella has to go and be clumsy like always! I mean, how the hell do you drop a bookshelf on your toes? How is that even possible? 

The pack had made plans to go on a run together and then have lunch. I might as well get up now. I met Bella in the kitchen while she zipped up some hiking boots.

"Where are-are-are you going?" I yawned. She looked up, not hearing me enter.

"I'm trying to find something in the forest. Do you want to come?" she asked.

"Bella, the forest is filled with dangerous animals! Haven't you heard about the missing hikers lately?" I asked seriously.

"Well, yeah, but I didn't think-"

"Exactly. You didn't think. Charlie and I will be the ones fishing your dead body out of a lake when you encounter a bear," I snapped. She crossed her arms.

"I don't think it's your business anyway," 

"It is when Charlie is devastated you died,"

"I'm not gonna die! Why? Have you seen something in the forest?" she pestered.

"No Bella. I haven't gone in the forest because Charlie told us not to," I lied.

"Well you sound like you have!" she shot back before stomping out of the house. Jesus Christ, she was going to get herself murdered.

I slipped on my usual clothing and shifted in the forest, deciding to keep an eye on Bella.

Hey Ro! Said Embry happily. Did you come to keep me company on my patrol?

No. My idiot sister decided to go looking for The Magic Treehouse or something today. She wouldn't listen when I told her not to go in the forest though. It only seemed to persuade her more.

Uh oh. Sam thinks all those missing hikers have been because of Vampires. They've been attacking a lot since those bloodsuckers left. He snarled slightly.

Well, the rest of the pack should be here soon. I said lazily, following Bella's scent slowly. Sure enough, the rest of the pack shifted as Embry caught them up to speed.

She's going to be the death of me! I groaned.

Ever since those bloodsuckers of hers left, she's been going suicidal! Complained Paul.

Honestly, yeah. I agreed.

She's not suicidal! Bella's just. . .an adrenaline junkie lately. Defended Jake. We followed her scent to a field that smelled faintly of Edward. This must've been where they had spent the majority of their time together.

The wind shifted and all of us bristled when it brought the smell of a vampire. This one's individual smell was almost like bread. 

"Bella,"

"Laurent!" cried Bella eagerly. I growled and lunged but Sam held me back.

Wait. He ordered. Jake and I were itching to kill the dark-skinned vampire getting closer to Bella.

"I didn't expect to find you here," said the vampire, Laurent.

He smells like another female vampire. Said Jared. 

"I went to visit the Cullens but, their house is empty," remarked Laurent as he strutted around. "I'm surprised they left you behind. Aren't you a sort of um. . .pet of theirs?"

"Yeah, you can say that," said Bella quietly.

"Do the Cullens, visit often?" asked Laurent curiously. Bella hesitated horribly.

"Y-yeah! All the time," she said. My god, she was so bad at lying it hurt my soul. "I'll tell them that you stopped by," stuttered Bella, backing away.

Sam! I growled.

Wait. He repeated. We are on the Cullen's side. If this is a friend of theirs, we can't kill him unless he threatens Bella.

"I probably shouldn't tell Edward," Said Bella, sounding in pain at even mentioning his name. "Cause he's pretty protective,"

"But he's. . .far away, isn't he?" Bella was silent.

"Why are you here?" she asked defensively.

"I came as a favor to Victoria," said Laurent carefully.

"V-victoria?" stuttered Bella fearfully.

"She asked me to see if you were still under the protection of the Cullens. Victoria feels it's only fair to kill Edward's mate, given you killed hers. An eye for an eye," said Laurent dangerously.

"Edward would know who did it! He would come after you!" Bella said pathetically. Laurent shook his head.

"I don't think he will. After all, how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected?" Laurent sighed, looking at the ground before back at Bella. "Victoria won't be happy about my killing you, but I can't help myself. You are so mouthwatering,"

"Please don't!" begged Bella. "I-I mean you-you helped us!" Suddenly Laurent was in front of Bella and holding her face while shushing her.

"Don't be afraid. I'm doing you a kindness. Victoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully, whereas I'll make it quick." he gently lifted Bella by the chin. "I promise, you won't feel nothing," He backed up a couple of steps and raised his hand to strike Bella down.

"I love you, Edward," she murmured. Sam nodded, giving me the go-ahead. Compared to the pack I was on the smaller size, but compared to a human or vampire, I was huge.

I snapped a twig as Laurent froze. "I don't believe it," he whispered as I emerged from the underbrush. My black fur stood on end as my different colored eyes glared at him with hate. I snarled and raised myself to my full height as the rest of the pack came from behind me. Bella watched with horror before Laurent took off. 

I raced after him, Sam on my right and Paul on my left. The vampire whipped around and backhanded me, sending me flying near Bella. I growled, sparing her a quick glance to make sure that I hadn't squished her. Bella took off and ran towards where she'd come from.

I ran full-steam towards Laurent before he ran at vampire speed for the woods. I was the most nimble wolf and had no trouble following him. The rest of the pack was hot on our trail and as Laurent glanced back, that was the only opportunity I needed. I pushed off the ground with my strong back legs and slashed at his face with my front. We fell to the ground in a flurry of limbs.

Let Ro take this one! Said Sam. The rest of the pack circled around to make sure he wouldn't escape as I ripped him to ribbons.

Laurent let out a blood-curdling scream as used my claws to rip off his arms and throw them. I glared at him as his last words were, "Such beautiful eyes," before I removed his head from his shoulders. I backed away, letting Paul and Jared break his remains into smaller pieces. I was too angry to be able to shift back so we buried the pieces so he could never reform.

Now, to figure out who Victoria was.