/ 47 /

Drugs Actually / Love Songs (In the Key of Gallagher)

I'm pouring a customer coffee when Sean walks in.

"Hey, I have to leave early, okay? I have to leave in a few minutes and I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it. Sarah's gonna take my tables." I tell him.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. It's just a nice day to visit my brother in military prison. Oh, and Ian won't be making his shift tomorrow since my heinous cunt of a half-sister called the fucking-"

As I'm aggressive stacking dirty dishes into a basin, a glass breaks in my hand.

"Yeah, thanks." I snap at a guy who's sarcastically clapping.

I wince as Sean takes a look at my hand.

"Yeah, it's a bunch of little shards. Here, let me clean you up." He takes me into the back.

"So, what did Ian do?" He asks.

"Joined the Army last year and it didn't go well. Now they're charging him with being AWOL and-"

I flinch as Sean pulls the glass out of my hand.

"And?" Sean questions as he grabs my hand again.

"Destruction of federal property. Something to do with a helicopter. And they don't know that he's bipolar because he won't tell them cause he barely admits it to himself."

"Where are they holding him?" Sean asks.

"An army base in North Chicago. And his boyfriend was supposed to take us, but now he can't because his brothers are using their car for I don't know, I'm assuming a bank robbery, or a drive-by. Meanwhile, I'm fantasising about setting Sammi's fucking clothes on fire while she's wearing them. I mean, she ratted Ian out and put Carl in juvie and-"

"Yeah, quit twitching. Just breathe." Sean interrupts. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

"At least an hour." I answer.

"Here's what we do. We take the day one moment at a time. Sarah closes out your tables, I pull glass from your hand, you refrain from setting people on fire, then we grab my Cadillac, pick up your family, go visit Ian, alright?"

"You don't have to do that." I respond.

"Damn right. It's nice of me." He smiles.

---

As Sean pulls up outside the house, I spot a massive shipping crate sat outside.

"Are you guys moving?" Sean asks.

"In my dreams." I scoff before opening the car door.

"Do you need me to come in with you?" He asks.

"No, it's faster if I just go in and grab them." I shut the door and quickly rush into the house.

"Hey, are we ready to go?" I ask.

"Did you get a car?" Fiona asks.