Precious Love (Epilogue)

24th August, 2020

Arriving at the building, Ako bit her lip nervously as her boyfriend, along with the headmaster discussed their plans. 

Yep. The two decided to publicise their relationship in order to protect Kanata from scandals -- fans wanted an official explanation on his rumours with Ako, as the paparazzi had taken dozens of photos seeing the two together, holding hands and acting extremely close on the street. 

The redhead straightened her dress, hiding where the press could not see her. "Good morning everyone. I'm Kira Kanata from M4, and I have something to announce today."

"As people have noticed, I'm an active supporter of my juniors, in particular, S4's Saotome Ako. Over the past few months, I was often seen with her outside school, acting too intimate to some of you. So, I'm here to clarify these rumours of mine today, and I will answer your questions about it as well." He began, his eyes piercing emerald green. The reporters seemed to have guilt reflecting in their eyes, regretting that they had messed-up a 'normal friendship'.

Keeping her head completely still, Ako listened intently, waiting for her time to step on the stage, not as Japan's best rookie actress, but as someone she wanted to be : Kanata's girlfriend.

"For all those whom ship Ako and I, I have to admit you are extremely attentive to small details. In fact, we have been happily dating for half a year now, and in this conference, I want to confirm and publicise our relationship. Haters can hate on whenever they want, but whomever hurts my loved ones will face consequences." He lifted up his white glasses, staring deep into the cameras' lenses as they clicked picture after picture. 

Appearing from her hiding spot, Ako took a seat next to her love. "We'd like to take the time today to answer all your questions." She announced, smiling. "If you have any enquiries or concerns regarding our relationship, you can raise your hand now and let us answer. Questions in Korean and English will also be taken -- just remember to be respectful."

~~~

"Nii-san and I can finally rest in peace! Congratulations!" 

Kasumi Mahiru was the first to greet the couple backstage. Ako thanked her friend, while Kanata immediately grabbed his phone upon a notification from his parents.

Asahi broke off his sister's words. "You can finally be together without any regrets! I'm so happy for the both of you!" With a sheepish smile, he whispered, "I wish I were as brave as you, Kana-kun. Seeing your example, I want to publicise my relationship with Koharu-chan too."

"Hey! Only I'm allowed to call him that!" Ako cut in, and Koharu giggled and hugged her lover. 

Acknowledging her presence, he wrapped his arms around her in a tight embrace. "A-Ako... I think my parents are back..." His lips quavered nervously. 

"What?!" Ako squinted her eyes until she saw the email his parents had sent.

To : kanata.kira0316@kiraenterprises.com
From : hikari_kira@kiraenterprises.com
Subject : URGENT

Greetings, dear son

Congratulations for publicising your relationship with Miss Saotome. Your father and I are looking forward to meeting her in person. 

We are coming back to Japan, and will arrive in an hour. You are not allowed to bring any of your friends to pick us up, your girlfriend included. 

Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope to see you soon. 

Regards, 
Hikari Kira
Kira Holdings

"Holy shit. Why are they choosing the date of Tsubasa coming back to Japan?" He almost threw his phone onto the floor. 

Asahi shrugged. "Maybe they're on the same plane, with Tsubasa finishing work in America." He suggested. "Let's go to the airport separately. Ako-chan, you're coming with us."

Sharing small talk between one another, the group of teenagers headed towards the airport, where they would meet up with Subaru, Yume, Aria and Nozomu to celebrate Tsubasa's return.

 Meanwhile, Kanata boarded on his limo, twiddling with his fingers, wondering why his parents would come back all of a sudden. There must be something going on. What if they're forcing me to quit my career and attend university a couple of years early? Considering I've already passed the interviews for Stanford, Harvard, and a couple more universities, I can start studying there anytime soon.  

However, they did not know nor expect a potential new threat coming their way soon.