Say You Love Me

14th February, 2020 , 9:35 pm

The concert ended well, with fans rejoicing Kanata's return and M4 reuniting as four. Immediately after, Mahiru and Ako boarded their limousine back to the S4 dorms, to ensure they do not get recognised by their own fans as they exited the arena. However, instead of going back to their own dorms, Mahiru's personal driver drove them to a different building.

"Your brother's dorm, Kasumi-sama." He announced in a grave voice. "Good night."

Ako opened the door, and climbed out of the vehicle, expecting Mahiru to follow behind, but was betrayed -- as soon as she got out of the car, Mahiru slammed the door and the car drove away. 

Shocked and frustrated at the same time, Ako wandered around the unfamiliar place. "Hello?" She asked. "Is anyone here?"

"So here you are."

Covering her mouth with her two hands, she looked up and saw the person she'd been wanting to see ever since his sudden appearance in M4's Valentines' concert. She wondered if Mahiru knew about it all along, but she let the topic slide, slowly making her way to the hazel brown-haired male, giving him a hug.

"Liked the surprise?" He chuckled, stroking her hair. "But, let's go back to business. This isn't the reason I called you here." 

He pulled away from the hug, and adjusted his glasses, his gaze now turning upwards towards the night sky. "I know I'm not Yūki Subaru, but c'mon! Are you that oblivious? It's very obvious that I like you!"

He took in a deep breath before continuing, "You drive me crazy, Ako. You make me want to do things I'd never even thought about doing for another person. You messed with my heart for so long. I want to show you exactly how I feel about you. How much I want you. Words will never describe my love for you. All you need to know is that -- right here, right now, you belong to me, and you are only mine." 

"You're always the only thing on my mind. I'm not afraid to admit that. When I sleep at night, I cry myself to bed because I know the chances of me and you together, with Subaru being your crush, is very slim. I know that you haven't dated someone before, we're still young, and this relationship might not last long, but I'm the type of person to focus and not let go of something, especially when it comes to people I love."

"I'm going crazy everyday thinking about you. I just can't get enough -- I know you're the one I've been looking for. You're not only kind-hearted, thoughtful and affectionate, you're extremely passionate about your work. You're beautiful, too. I mean, I don't fall for looks, but the more I look at you, the more beautiful you are." 

"Enough of my talking." He whispered, staring right at her bright emerald irises. Ako could see him blushing a little. "You already know I like you, so! What is your answer? Will you have the honour of being my girlfriend, Ako?"

Tears of joy started to flow onto her cheeks. "Of course I will!" She exclaimed, her heart triumphing over what she had just witnessed. 

"Then... can you let me kiss you? Please?"

Ako nodded, and the next thing she felt were her lips pressing up against soft, smooth ones. She reached up further, blindly reaching to his face, caressing it gently with her thumb. Barely noticing, she detected something prodding at her lips, and her lips parted, allowing him to slide in without interrupting their kiss. Ako always knew Kira was good at it, from how they'd snogged a few times for their drama, but it was nothing compared to this

Soon, he pulled away, and instead of another kiss, which Ako desperately begged for in her mind, he wrapped his arms around the girl, pulling her further into him and laying his head down on her shoulder. "I love you, my girlfriend."

"Say that again." Ako pulled out her phone, pressing the 'record' button. 

"Say what?"

"Say you love me." Grinned the younger, tapping her wrists. "Come on. We don't have much time left until curfew. Or else, I'll scream for help and tell everyone that my new boyfriend is apparently a pervert."

He smirked. "Maybe I am a pervert, but only for you, of course." He told her, his eyes meeting hers. "Fine. I'll say it." He cleared his throat. "I love you, and I always will."

She giggled. "You are cheesy sometimes." But there was still something on her mind. "So... are we... dating...?" She asked, and the word 'yes' was softly heard. 

"I haven't had a boyfriend before... I might cause failure. I might not heed to your expectations of a perfect girlfriend. Are you sure?" She was extremely worried.

Sighing, he stroked her hair. "I'm completely okay. I can see you're going to be a great partner whom I can share my interests with. It's fine if we don't understand each other despite having mutual feelings. We can always build our relationship as time passes, so don't worry." Pulling her in for a tighter hug, he smirked. "I've already prepared our first date together, so don't worry about that. I'll tell you the exact date later."

He checked his wristwatch. "Ten minutes later and it'll be curfew. I think it's time for you to return to your dorms. I mean, you can always spend the night with me, but isn't it too fast for us to sleep on the same bed? We can keep on texting even when you're in your dorm." He gave her one last peck. 

"Good night, baby. Sleep tight, and hopefully, you'll dream of me." 

***

Heyyy it's the first confession! What do you think of this chapter? I originally planned for Ako to confess first instead, but since it's a story with plot and all, I decided to let her receive it instead. Or do you think Ako's confession would be a much better read? Tell me in the comments!
- Momoka @ shiny_smile_girl