•𝟙𝟘•

We piled all the bodies up in the fire

We piled all the bodies up in the fire. I looked to Jasper and ran to him. I wrapped my legs and arms around him and we kissed passionately.

I was so scared. I still have cracks that are healing. I could tell that he looked out for me the whole time. I saw that every time he would hear a crunching sound from my direction, he would look over to see if I'm alright.

We pulled away. I leaned my forehead against his.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too."

He kissed my forehead.

"Leah don't!"

Our heads snapped to Jacob who shifted and helped Leah with one of the newborns that we must have missed.

The newborn crushed Jacobs ribs before being ripped into pieces by Leah. While the others went to go check on him, I stayed with Jasper behind.

We watched as the wolves picked Jacob up and went back to their land before the Volturi come. The others came back to the middle of the clearing and stood in a line. Waiting.

A few moments later, the Volturi guards came from behind the fog graciously. When they stopped a good amount of distance from us, they took their hoods of.

"Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact."

Jane, the most sadistic out of the elite guard, said. Carlisle told me about her. He told me about all of them.

"We were lucky." He said.

"I doubt that." She said back.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight."

Alec, the least most sadistic in the elite guard, said with a slight smirk. I say least sadistic, because he's usually quiet and rarely uses his gift. Only when necessary.

"Yes. It's not often we're rendered unnecessary." Jane said with a smirk that only vampires could see.

"If you'd arrived a half hour ago, you would have fulfilled your purpose." Edward said.

He was sick of their little game that they were playing. As us all.

"Pity. You missed one." Jane pointed out.

I only now noticed that one of the newborns were standing with us. Jasper walked over to her in a protective way.

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender." Carlisle said as calmly as he could.

"That wasn't yours to offer. Why did you come?" Jane said louder for the newborn to hear.

The next thing we know, she's on the ground screaming. I flinched and took a step forward to help her, but stopped when Jasper raised his hand a little. Signalling me to not move.