|01| Would You Rather?

Start from the beginning

"I don't get any damage, but you better watch out."

"Whatever, go and fuck yourself, Bobby." You retort back to him, he lets out a snicker before heading up the steps.

Johnny looks at you one last time, "good night," he says your name.

You wave with a smile, "night Johnny."

The popcorn makes a noise signalling that it was done, you quickly remove it from the machine pour it all into the bowl and run back downstairs to your friends.

"I can't believe it's almost school, they're having a beach party to celebrate the last day of summer break!" Ali exclaims, she notices you're back after setting the bowl down in front of her. "You coming?"

You let an over-exasperated sigh, wondering if it'll be a good choice. "Yeah, sure... Could be fun?"

"I'm going to wear this cute blue one piece I bought the other day," Ali continues to speak, you sat down with the girls and listened to them.

"Oh, my god. I need to buy a new bathing suit too!" Susan whines with a pouty look on her face, "my current one is so last season."

"Yeah, well, at least you don't have one since like freshman year." Barbara's eye-rolls with a scoff made Ali and Susan cringe. "What! We need to get you a new one." Susan insists, but Barbara shrugs.

"It's fine, I mean Tommy probably won't even be there so who cares."

"What!"

"Relax, I'll just wear some shorts and a t-shirt or something." She protests, the girls finally give up.

"How about you? Are you gonna wear something to the beach party?" Ali turns to you with a smile, "I was thinking we could match?"

You nodded, "sure. I would have to get it first though."

"Oh, never mind then."

"I'll probably just wear shorts and a shirt too." You said with a nonchalant attitude, not caring what their reaction to that was going to be like.

They didn't seem too fond, but brushed it off and decided they should talk about something else.

Bobby has been your stepbrother since the 2nd grade, when he joined Cobra Kai, you met his friends when he did. You've been into soccer but occasionally would watch him practice karate at the dojo, with you two being the same age your mom and his dad had to adjust to it. You've never thought of him as anything but a brother, and he thinks the same way towards you.

...

"Hurry up!" Ali hisses from her car as you exit your house running down the steps to her, it's the next day and you girls were already late for the party.

"I'm sorry! What was I supposed to do?" You defend yourself climbing into the back seat beside Barbara, "I had to tell my mom where I was going."

"You could've left a note for her." Susan comments looking over the front seat to you from the passenger side, this makes your lips curl downwards with a small scoff. "She barely reads those things."

Ali shakes her head, "whatever! We can just get there 5 minutes late that's all."

The girls agree and drop it, you look out your window and watch as the scenery passes by. Not long after you all arrive at the beach, Ali finds parking and gets out with her bag.