22 « 𝙀𝙢𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙮 [2]

𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 7: 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 2«𝙀𝙢𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙮

a/n: for the longest time, i didnt know the thin commander had a name.

word count: 4010 words

𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙡𝙮:

"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘌𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺!" 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘦𝘥. "𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥!"

"𝘞𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵, 𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳," 𝘒𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘭𝘺. "𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘯." ⬿•˚∗

Stormtroopers dashed past as the four members of the Ghost crew halted upon a small rundown home, a warning from the Empire plastered on its walls as Sabine read it aloud.

"That's an Imperial warning declaring this building off-limits," She frowned, Skara slowly pulling her helmet off.

"What is this place?" She asked Ezra, the boy said nothing as he pulled the small device from the toolbox out of his pocket. 

The boy stared at it mournfully before swiping the card down, the door opening partially as Kanan frowned, Skara's eyes wide as she watched.

"You were coming here today," Kanan realised. "This was your home, wasn't it? Where you grew up–"

"I grew up on the streets," Ezra cut Kanan off. 

"Alone."

He then entered the home, Kanan, Sabine and Skara entering after him hurriedly to avoid getting caught. Kanan shut the door, Sabine pulling her helmet off. The older Jedi then looked out the windows, keeping a lookout.

"Then why here? Why now?"

Skara frowned, gently placing a hand on Sabine's shoulder. She noticed Ezra's closed-off behaviour, feeling sympathy that he had lost his family.

"Vod," She whispered, letting Sabine know.

"Had this... feeling," Ezra responded, walking around the place as though he were searching.

The boy then moved a stool, looking down a hole as it had a ladder down along the side. He gasped, seeing a Rodian cradling himself as he cried. 

"Tseebo!" He called out. "Tseebo, it's me, Ezra Bridger!"

The Rodian looked up as a device around his head beeped. He recognised the boy, instantly climbing up the ladder as he stepped out, then walking around.

The device then glowed red, Ezra squinting at Tseebo as the Rodian's eyes widened. He then walked past Ezra, speaking in a different language before accidentally ramming himself into the boarded-up windows.

"That's the Rodian the Imperials are hunting," Kanan pointed at the alien. "You know him?"

"Name's Tseebo. A friend of my parents," Ezra rolled his eyes before flopping onto the couch.

"But something's wrong. What's that thing on his head?"

Sabine walked towards the Rodian, inspecting the gadget before speaking up.

"Empire's been known to implant lower level technicians with cybernetic circuits," She explained. "Personality sacrificed for productivity."

The device around Tseebo's head beeped as Sabine pressed it, the girl stepping back once the Rodian started speaking English.