20 « 𝙊𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 [3]

𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 6: 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 3«𝙊𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨

word count: 2096 words

𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙡𝙮:

"𝘞𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘎𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵." 

 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦, 𝘚𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘪'𝘭𝘦𝘬 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴. 

 "𝘕𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘪𝘥 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥–" 

 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘶𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘢 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘦.  ⬿•˚∗

"I guess we could hole up in the Phantom?"

"Judging by the torn-up shuttle in there, locking ourselves in the Phantom won't protect us," Hera crossed her arms, Sabine placing her hand on her chin. "Could get grim."

"Well, I'll take grim now."

The Mandalorian walked away, Hera following the girl shortly after. The teenager continued to walk until she reached a red canister, placing her hands on her knees as she smiled at the inanimate object.

"Thought I recognised these markings."

She then pressed a few buttons, the canister powering up once she did, Hera walking towards her.

"Allow me to introduce you to one of my oldest and most explosive friends; Rhydonium."

"It's good to have friends," Hera placed a hand on her hip, looking at the younger female with a slight smile. "So what's your plan?"

"Since we don't know how many of those creatures are in there, we can set up groups of canisters and create explosions that take them out a wave at a time."

"How will you get close enough to the creatures to the rhydonium to be effective?" Hera questioned, Sabine, thinking while continuously staring at the rhydonium.

"We're gonna need bait."

"Where do we get that?"

"We don't get it," Sabine turned to the twi'lek. "We are it."

The two then began rolling large cans of rhydonium, positioning them in ways where it would work in their favour, the asteroid drawing nearer and nearer as it threatened to block out the sun.

Soon, they had set up all the canisters, the sky drawing dark as the creatures in the cave continued to snarl.

"Wave one, move," Hera commanded, the two running forwards, soon using a canister to guard themselves.

The monster soon lurched at the two members, Hera shooting a canister as it exploded, the creature flying forwards, unconscious as Hera gasped, more of them coming out of the abandoned base.

"Wow!" Sabine's eyes were widened. "A lot of 'em!"

"Steady now," Hera whispered. "Follow the plan."

The two continued to fire, the two running close to the Phantom.