15 « 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨 [2]

𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 5: 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 2 « 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨

word count: 2681 words

𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙡𝙮:

"𝘚𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘳𝘦 5 𝘵𝘰 𝘎𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵, 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨." 

 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘢𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦. 

 "𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵." ⬿•˚∗

"Copy that Spectre 5. Give them one more day," Hera responded into the comm Kanan sighing as he crossed his arms.

"This decoder better be worth the risk."

"What's the alternative?" Hera shrugged her shoulders at the brunette, her piercing green eyes meeting his. "Do you want to stop that kyber shipment or not? You know what the Empire could do with that crystal."

Hera pointed a finger at her lover, the male looking down in worry before sighing at the thought, not willing to meet the twi'lek's gaze.

"Nothing good."

"So give the kids one more day," She squinted her eyes in determination, Kanan frowning as he unwillingly gave in.

In the darkness of the boy dorm, two figures jumped quietly off of their beds, careful not to wake the others as Ezra raised a finger to his lips, making a 'shush' sign with it. The duo silently crept out of the room, the door opening, light flooding in before it was quickly cut off again, the two heading off to meet the third.

Standing alone in the darkness of storage, Skara crossed her arms, leaning against a rack of helmets before sighing, the other two members behind time.

"Typical." 

She mumbled, puffing her hair out of her face, picking a few strands of her white uniform. Her emerald eyes grazed every rack, curious at the helmets as she picked one up, running a finger over its white exterior before humming to herself, tempted to pull her spray paints out.

Suddenly a beam of light entered her vision as she quickly placed the helmet back, noticing the familiar blue of her best friend's hair.

"Took you both long enough–" She joked, placing a hand on her hip.

"Sorry, we had a few complications..." Ezra shrugged as they crowded around.

"What do you two need the decoder for?" Leonis asked as Ezra's arms crossed as Skara picked up a few helmets messing with them as she sat on a nearby crate.

"Our friends need it to stop an Imperial shipment," Ezra responded, gesturing at Skara as she fiddled with the comm channels, tinkering around. 

"How'd you know about the sensors?"

"From my sister, Dhara. She was the star cadet in this place," Leonis answered. 

Hearing the slight sorrow in his voice, Skara continued to hold the helmet but stopped messing with it, looking at Leonis from the side of her eye.