37- surprises ♡

y/n's pov:

it was now 2 weeks into tour and i was starting to miss vinnie, a lot. i knew it would hit me at one point but i didn't expect it to be so soon. i had already called him twice today but i couldn't sleep so i walked downstairs on the bus and sat in the kitchen and facetimed him again. "hey" i say as i answer. "hey, why aren't you asleep?" vinnie asks with concern. "couldn't sleep" i frown. "why not?" he asks. "i miss you too much" i say tearing up. "baby, please don't cry because then i'll cry" he says. "i'm sorry" i say choking on my tears and wiping my eyes. i look up and notice vinnie also tearing up. "it's just so hard without you here" i say, now fully sobbing. 

vinnie's pov:

i wanted to tell her i would literally be there tomorrow but i wanted it to be surprise. but this was hard to watch. "y/n. breathe, please. i promise you we'll be back together right before you know it" i tell her. "i know but it's only been 2 weeks and i'm already crying" i frown. i really don't know what to say, i just want to hold her. tell her everything is okay but i can't. "tell me something good about your day. tell me your favorite song on the set" i try to distract her. "she begins telling me about a funny moment her and olivia had backstage and she laughs. i felt a massive weight off my shoulder just seeing her smile. she then goes onto tell me about the crowds and how amazing it feels to be on stage every night. "see, you're having so much fun. to be honest, i'm quite jealous" i tell her, gaining a smile. "i know, it's just hard to focus on the good things when the hurt sticks out the most" she says looking down playing with her fingers. "i know but you need to hold onto them happy memories and that adrenaline you feel on stage because that the most important part" i tell her.

y/n's pov:

vinnie was right. i want to remember the good memories not the bad ones. we wrap up the conversation and i head back to bed. i close my eyes and envision the crowds and the lights and the feeling of being on stage. i felt straight to sleep. 

i woke up to my alarm. i was so tired. i'd only had like 4 hours sleep. we were in new york today and it was also thomas' last stop on the tour. it was also the biggest venue on the tour which was quite scary. dixie and charli were in new york too so olivia and i decided to meet them for breakfast before the show. we had a great time and spoke about all the jobs we had coming up and how we were all doing. 

olivia and i had to head back to the venue and start getting ready for the show. 

vinnie's pov:

today was the day me and mia were surprising y/n and thomas. we decided to do the surprise after the show as i didn't want to distract y/n from the show. me and mia pulled up to the hotel where her and thomas would spend the night to leave tomorrow. i left my bags in there temporarily until y/n knew we were here. me and mia decided to stay in the hotel room until the show incase someone spotted us and y/n and thomas somehow found out. kristen had managed to get us on the guest list under disguise names so we could watch the show. pretty much the whole time we were sat in the hotel room all me and mia were talking about was how excited we were to see y/n and thomas. 

y/n's pov:

both olivia and i were feeling pretty anxious for tonight's show so we decided to get ready together instead of in our separate dressing rooms. we put on our taylor swift playlist and were both singing along as we were doing our hair and makeup. once i was done getting ready, i asked olivia to take some instagram photos for me. 

"stunning" "wait no, put your hand like that" "y/n you look so hot" olivia was the best hype girl. eventually she helped get lots of good ones and i decided on one to post.