19- the boxing match ♡

vinnie's pov

today was the big day. and to be honest i don't know what i'm more nervous for; the fight or telling y/n how i feel. it was going to be a stressful day as the filming crew want to film every detail. i reach over and grab my phone and see a text from y/n.

y/n

y/n:

good morning :)

go kill it today, i'll be cheering you on

and no matter the result, i'm so proud of u <3

suddenly every ounce of stress i felt left my body. i smiled like a mad man. i got up and headed downstairs. "ahh here's the champ!" thomas yells surrounded by like 10 camera guys. they've set me up a celebration breakfast. "i haven't even fought yet guys!" we all sat down for breakfast and the netflix producers gave us a couple topics to discuss for the show but one in particular caught me off guard. "so, mr hacker, vincent hacker" larray said i nodded chewing my pancake. "what's going on with you and miss y/n?" i chocked on my pancake. the producers definitely set him up to that because of all the speculation. "literally nothing" i laugh. "the camera never lies, we saw the photos" larray adds. "she's literally never here and i've been training nearly all day every day, i'd love to know when you think we have time to fit a secret love affair in" i laugh trying to play it off. i mean it's only partly a lie, i haven't had enough time for her but that will change. "hmm, i'm watching you guys" larray says frowning his eyes at me. i just laugh. well i hope that's the answer the producers were waiting for.

i went outside to the hype house gym and got in one last training session before the fight. i had a shower and put on my hype playlist and started to get in the zone.

y/n's pov

the fight was taking place literally down the road from me so there was no point me going back to the hype house i decided to just meet them at the venue. i checked my phone and realised it was only 2 hours until i had to be at the place to meet everyone so i decided to start getting ready. i curled my hair, did my makeup and put my outfit on. i decided on a plain black slip dress and an oversized racer jacket. i grabbed my bag and phone and headed out the door. everyone except vinnie was meeting me outside my complex so they could park in the garage and we walked down to the venue. it was nice to see thomas again. everyone was excited for the fight. part of me was very very nervous though. i did not really want to watch vinnie get beat up and i also was nervous about seeing him for the first time in 2 weeks. what if he sees me again and decides he doesn't actually like me?

we arrived at the venue and i was seated with charli, chase, dixie and noah and the rest of the hype house were behind us. i got on well with charli and dixie, they were super sweet girls. "so y/n, the million dollar question is what's going on with you and vinnie? because you know the fact you're here today is going to be on tiktok insiders we know from experience!" dixie says laughing. "oh i know! i mean we're good friends" i say smiling and looking anywhere other than in their eyes. "okay that was definitely a lie" charli says calling me out. "well miss d'amelio, i could ask you and CHASE" i say turning to chase too. "the same question!" i add laughing. "well, in that case we don't need an answer" she laughs. suddenly i hear the host start talking.

"good evening los angeles!" the host says to the crowd. vinnie and deji were up first. i was so nervous that i felt sick. "give it up for deji on team youtube!" the host says and suddenly the lights are dimmed and deji walks out. he looks confident, fuck. i was more confident in vinnie though. he's been training like crazy. "next up we have tiktok sensation, vinnie hacker" the cheers were louder and everyone was on their feet clapping. as he's making his way across the ring we make eye contact and i smile but i could tell he was in the zone, i could see the concentration on his face. before i knew it, the fight had begun and i was flinching every time vinnie was punched. however, i didn't know much about boxing but i could tell vinnie was winning. it was now the final deciding round and it was tense. for a moment the arena went quiet and you could've heard a pin drop. it was finally time for the judges to make their decision. i was so nervous for him. he had worked so hard for this. then the judge lifted vinnie's arm in the air and he had won. vinnie had won! he looked so happy and i wanted nothing more than to run up there and hug him. he turned around to the tiktok side of the crowd where we were all sat and he punched the air and got everyone wooping and cheering for him. we made eye contact again and this time he gave me a wink and my stomach got butterflies again.

there was a brief intermission before the next fight so i went on my phone. as i unlocked it, i got a text from vinnie. it was photo of his backstage pass.

vinnie

y/n:

???

vinnie:

use it

come backstage

i'm in dressing room 3

i tapped thomas' shoulder "i'm just going to the bathroom" i tell him he nods and i get up and try figure out where to go. i eventually ask a security guard and they point me in the right direction. after a couple of minutes convincing the backstage manager i wasn't a fan and actually knew vinnie i was let in. i counted the dressing room doors until i reached door 3. this was it. this was the moment i'd been waiting all week for.